V9 compatibility with Windows 10

• Most Valued Members

:D got a direct link ?? as any of the beta pages i go to still show v 9.0.111

Edited by cyberhash

• Former ESET Employees

Try to download the updated installers from beta download page (hxxp://www.eset.com/int/download/beta-versions/) , it looks like metadata are not updated yet.

• Former ESET Employees

Same to me, v 9.0.111

Same to me, v 9.0.111

Check it again, now it shows the correct build number (9.0.117)

• ESET Insiders

Good Night

After I install ESS 9.0.117 x64 in my Windows 10240 PC, the Network Protection show "Non-functional"

OK, downloaded latest version, it's not fixed. In fact, it's as broken as before. Now my PC has no internet since it can't detect my networks and after uninstall it's the same. Tried installing ESS V8 and it won't initialize firewall at all. This broke my computer completely and I'm still trying to find a way to get my internet connection back.

What the hell have you done with this product, and please don't blame it on microsoft for not giving you driver modules or whatever, because that 'information' is a lie. You haven't fixed this problem in months now, putting the blame on Microsoft.

• Former ESET Employees

OK, downloaded latest version, it's not fixed. In fact, it's as broken as before. Now my PC has no internet since it can't detect my networks and after uninstall it's the same. Tried installing ESS V8 and it won't initialize firewall at all. This broke my computer completely and I'm still trying to find a way to get my internet connection back.

What the hell have you done with this product, and please don't blame it on microsoft for not giving you driver modules or whatever, because that 'information' is a lie. You haven't fixed this problem in months now, putting the blame on Microsoft.

Uninstallation of epfw driver should resolve this issue, please check your network adapter>properties> uninstall epfw NDIS LightWeight filter .

Mmm, strange. for me the latest v9 works fine on 10240.

it works on a fresh installation, it's fine on both my mom's laptop and my PC, but on my own laptop where I've had previous versions of eset v8 and v9 beta it doesn't work. Now I can't just format my laptop to install my antivirus.

And that epfw drive does not exist in both my ethernet and wi-fi adapters (maybe because I uninstalled eset v9 beta). I'll reinstall it and see if it's there and try to uninstall it and see if it fixes the problem.

EDIT:

Reinstalled and epfw was there, uninstalled it, and network connection is fine, but to activate I still had to disable HIPS as instructed in some previous post.

Edited by Legdotus