I bought and PAID the software at a retail store -- not a 30-day TRIAL version !

Khalo

Hello,

Today, 2015 -07-10, I received an email telling me this :

hxxp://app.response.esetprotects.com/e/es.aspx?s=2208&e=382161&elq=cda8715cb398476b9c613f06e3e9cdb2

I BOUGHT at a retail store the ESET NOD32 Antivirus software and PAID it, in full and in CASH -- I have an official proof of purchase.

It is NOT a 30-day trial version which I paid for, but a full version for ONE YEAR.

Any possible mistake from your part should be corrected.

So, please, update your files.

Thanks.

Michel Khalo

• Administrators

My understanding is that this email has nothing to do with your purchase. I assume you initially installed ESET, activated a trial version and subscribed for news from ESET which is the reason for getting the above mentioned email. After purchase you should have received an email with your username and password that you can use for activation and updating the ESET product.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Former ESET Employees

You mention purchasing ESET NOD32 Antivirus from a retail store. The following would help you, since you likely do NOT have a username and password just yet:

The first time you install your ESET product, use your Activation Key:

1. Locate the Activation Key printed inside your product package.
  2. Since you've already installed the software, go to https://www.eset.com/us/activate/ and fill out the form to activate your serial key and generate a username/password.
  3. Once you hit submit, you will be redirected to a blank page showing the username/password for your license. You will also be sent an email with this information for your records. KEEP THIS EMAIL!
  4.  You can then use the instructions here to help you enter this information into your product OR just open the program window, hit CTRL+U, enter the credentials, then click OK.

Your other option is to uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus and reinstall BUT near the end of installation, choose to activate using your serial key. 

For the email that you have already received, there is an 'unsubscribe' option at the end of the email. It may take 24 hours for the system to process the change but usually it's much more immediate than that.

• 2 weeks later...