Third-party antivirus software (Built with OPSWAT)

I have set up a Client Task to remove other 3rd part AV software, the latest edition of AVG 2015 FREE, Kaspersky Internet Security 15.02 and also the latest FREE version of Avira, however, even though it shows as “Task finished successful”, it hasn't done a single thing, all 3 of the 3rd party AV’s remains installed:

Client Task Detail: Uninstall 3rd Party AV Software - Summary
Summary Executions
Basic

Name
Uninstall 3rd Party AV Software

Description

Task Type
Software Uninstall

Software uninstallation settings

Uninstall
Third-party antivirus software (Built with OPSWAT)

Targets and Triggers

Target Name
vmwin7-001.paige.local

Trigger Description
Execute ASAP (Expires: 2015 Aug 3 02:47:21 UTC)

Target Name
vmwin7-003.paige.local

Trigger Description

Target Name
vmwin7-002.paige.local

Trigger Description

Is OPSWAT limited to business editions, or can it remove Home editions as expected?

I have seen so many small business clients install the home edition onto a network, then upgrade to ESET Endpoint and want to push out an uninstaller like this task should be able to complete.

Advice please.

They don't seem to be listed among supported AV products for Windows 7: hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3527.

Thanks Marek, however this is not the AV Removal Tool, this is a pushed task using OPSWAT.

Kaspersky is the current release: 15.02.361 (a)

Avira is the current release: 15.0.11.574

AVG is the current release: 2015.0.5961

Cheers :D

Edited by Blackspear

• Administrators

They don't seem to be listed among supported AV products for Windows 7: hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3527.

Thanks Marek, however this is not the AV Removal Tool, this is a pushed task using OPSWAT.

It doesn't matter because the task utilizes AV-Remover on the target machine. 

I uninstalled the current release of Kaspersky, and reinstalled an older verion: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 14.0.0.4651 which is on the AV Remover list, however the task runs and fails, no further information given.  Where can I locate information as to why the task failed?

• Administrators

I uninstalled the current release of Kaspersky, and reinstalled an older verion: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 14.0.0.4651 which is on the AV Remover list, however the task runs and fails, no further information given.  Where can I locate information as to why the task failed?

What error do you get when you run AV Remover locally on the client?

Manually installing AV Remover on the Client, it starts to remove it and then fails with the attached screenshot showing the details.

This is a fresh install of Windows 7, fully up to date, with not a single other piece of software installed on the machine.

post-6622-0-90028200-1437087877_thumb.jpg