ESS and Malwarebytes Pro?

Re the stickied topic about Windows XP and conflicting software, I see Malwarebytes Pro is on the list.  Is this issue going to be fixed anytime in the near future?  I do have Malwarebytes Pro on a Windows XP laptop, but I have not re-enabled Malwarebytes' real time protection since installing ESS.  (I'm kind of afraid to now, to be honest.)  I've run a few on demand quick scans with Malwarebytes and have not had any issues with that.  I have not set any exclusions in either program related to each other.

I also have Malwarebytes free installed on my Windows 8 laptop, with ESS.  On demand scans with Malwarebytes, no exclusions set in either program, have not created any problems either.  If I were to run the pro version of Malwarebytes on either system, I would set exclusions in both of them, of course.  This laptop has an external hard drive connected via USB at all times for the purpose of running scheduled backups daily.

My Windows 7 system has Malwarebytes pro with ESS as well, again with Malwarebytes real time protection disabled for the time being.  

Can the 2 programs peacefully co-exist on any Windows OS, with both running in real time and each set to exclude the other in detections and scans?  

• Administrators

Hello,

the only issues with Malwarebytes Pro were observed on Windows XP when the system hung after connecting a USB disk. We provided Malwarebytes with more information about the issue and informed them what they should fix but until now we haven't heard from them whether or when they are going to fix it. There's at least one vendor of such troublesome software who already issued a fix several months ago.

I am currently running the latest version of ESS and MalwareBytes Pro realtime on a Windows 7 desktop.  I have exclusions set in both programs.  I have been running this setup for a few weeks now and have not noticed any problems.  I thought for a bit that the combo was affecting the loading of videos in web pages, but determined this was not the case.  

When I tried this combo in the past, I did have trouble and always resorted to just running MBAM on demand.  The problems I had seemed to always revolve around the loading of web page elements or features such as videos.  These problems went away when I unloaded MBAM.  Somehow, I expect this to eventually happen this time as well.  I guess I will see.  For now, my machine runs blazingly fast with no hang ups.

I am actually unsure how much extra protection MBAM gives me in everyday use.  In the past, I have seen it occasionally alert on an IP number but I have not seen that in the past few weeks.  So, I am not sure if there is a point to running MBAM in real time.  Eventhough I have not noticed any troubles lately, I still have the feeling that it could cause problems.  That combined with the idea that I am not sure if I am getting any extra protection from MBAM may eventually lead me to drop back to running it on demand.

Edited by Driver8

Experienced that when I was with ESS ver5 and later-on when I migrated to Eset NOD32 ver5  (HIPS disabled, exclusions placed with all security app/vice versa) + Outpost Fireall Pro ver8(HIPS enabled exclusions placed with all security app also). Ended up running MBAM Pro as on-demand also. Same observations when a video is running in the background whether it be in a browser or not. Me thinks the HIPS of MBAM and Eset are not compatible at all. 

It's really about your wanting to try.

I've used MBAM Pro (made an Exception in ESS) - AND - SuperAS Real-time for several years and haven't had Conflicts - EXCEPT - every year or so I randomly stop getting Complete Boot-ups, and Un-Chking "Load MBAM / SuperAS  w / Windows" seems to solve that - I manually Clk after Boot-up. Coincidence? Cause?

SuperAS Pro w/Real-time loading now w/Windows -- But I haven't had the nerve to try MBAM Pro loading with it again. Still manually activating MBAM Pro after Boot but will try soon, I'm sure.

Edited by COStark26

I too have been using MBAM Pro with ESS for quite some time. No issues to report-have run MBAM in realtime and as an "on demand" (exclusions are in place).

Sincerely,

• 2 weeks later...

Reporting...

MBam pro + Nod32 AV 6 & 7 beta + Threatfire + MBam anti-exploit + [super AS--no real-time only scanner loaded]

All run together with 0 issues for me at all, no lock ups, or conflicts / false alarms / crashes of programs.

I stay malware clean 100% aside from tracking cookies. ;)

• 3 months later...

Experienced that when I was with ESS ver5 and later-on when I migrated to Eset NOD32 ver5  (HIPS disabled, exclusions placed with all security app/vice versa) + Outpost Fireall Pro ver8(HIPS enabled exclusions placed with all security app also). Ended up running MBAM Pro as on-demand also. Same observations when a video is running in the background whether it be in a browser or not. Me thinks the HIPS of MBAM and Eset are not compatible at all. 

Hi Bjourne,

I had Eset NOD32 and Outpost Firewall Pro and experienced slow boot up a year ago. Both Eset and Outpost were set to exclude each other, but that didn't help. I finally got fed up and purchased four licenses for ESS even though I have four lifetime licenses for Outpost Firewall Pro and three lifetime licenses for Outpost Security Suite, but chose ESS because Eset has the better track record. I know that you have to install Eset first so that Outpost will recognize it and give you the choice to install Web Control and the Malware Scanner. I never liked Web Control so I didn't install it, but I installed the Malware Scanner and set it up as "On Demand." I would like to convert ESS to NOD32 if possible and try Outpost to see if it will work because NOD32 would be cheaper than ESS, but would need assistance in setting up both of them to prevent fighting and not have a slow boot time.

Jes