Hello,

I am trying to figure out if we need install just the Apache proxy or both the Apache and ERA Proxy on our remote servers. I've read the KB articles on the proxy setup and it doesn't clearly outline what the process is if you want to use Apache.

Thank you,

Evan

• Administrators

Use Apache HTTP Proxy if you want to cache installation and update files. It works as a replacement for the mirror feature. As for ERA Proxy, use it if you have more offices for instance. It manages a group of computers that don't connect directly to ERAS. In regular intervals, ERA proxy connects to ERAS to relay stuff from clients and to retrieve current dynamic groups, policies, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

So here is my exact situation. We have twelve branch offices on their own subnets that have their own servers. We want to use those local servers to manage the clients for each branch including updates policies and all that would come from our primary AV server here at corp. Do we use just ERA Proxy or both ERA Proxy and HTTP Proxy?

Thank you.

• Administrators

Install ERA Proxy in each of the branches so that clients in a particular branch connect to the local ERA Proxy which will communicate with your company's primary ERA Server. Whether or not to install HTTP proxy depends on how computers in particular branches connect to the Internet. If they already connect via a proxy then you don't need to install another http proxy server, just edit the agent, ERA Proxy and Endpoint policies to use current proxy server's settings.