Looks wie still have the protoscan2 bug on our primary mirror (ERAS 5). Clear update cache seems not working.

If I create a new update mirror on some of our clients, the bug is fixed there.

How can I fix it in eras?

THX a lot,

• Administrators

It's not clear what you mean by protoscan2 bug, please elaborate. Do you mean that you have an older version of the Internet protection module in the mirror? If so, what version is there?

It's not clear what you mean by protoscan2 bug, please elaborate. Do you mean that you have an older version of the Internet protection module in the mirror? If so, what version is there?

A newer ;)

Afaik the bug is already known and fixed? 

The problem was, that protoscan2 version 1173.7 does not allow any updates for clients which updates older than some days. Clients which updates every day aren't effected. 

Creating new update mirror or clearing the update cache did not solve the problem. (even that the official eset update mirrors didn't provide the modul, eras and clients with mirror even "create" and provide it).

3 Days after discovering the problem, we see that ESET updated the modul on the pre-release mirror to 1173.9, which fixes the problem. So we switched faulty clients to a pre-release mirror for updating this module and than back to normal.

since some days, it seems that ESET also removes the module from mirrors created by clients (like on official mirrors), but i'm unable to remove it from ERAS :(

Is there a way to manually remove it (or upgrade it to 1173.9 except switching the whole mirror to pre-release)?

THX a lot

• Administrators

If I understand it correctly, there's a problem with mirroring the protoscan module and it's not a bug in protoscan itself (ie. an issue like opening certain websites). In such case, we'd need:

- the content of the mirror folder

- the content of the updfiles folder from the client

- the dat files from the ESET install folder on the client

- updater ETW log created on the client (will provide instructions how to create it).

We could arrange a remote session if you are willing to.

- updater ETW log created on the client (will provide instructions how to create it).

Your right. The bug is, that clients with older virus definitions than 3-5 days can't update anymore. The update process crashed after getting the protoscan2 file.

I've had a open ticked which was closed with the remark, that ESET had fixed the bug. It seems fixed on new created mirrors on client side.

But seems not fixed on ERAS side.

- the content of the updfiles folder from the client

- the dat files from the ESET install folder on the client

Which one of the clients?