Questions about Eset Mobile Security and Chrome.

I'm thinking of investing in Eset Mobile Security for Android.

I've noticed the recent thread on this board about EMS Anti-Phising not working for the Firefox browser.

So, does Anti-Phising work for the Google Chrome browser in Android? And does EMS other functions such as real time protection also work for Chrome?

I never use the default Internet browser for Android, only Chrome. I just need to know if EMS will keep me safe as I surf with my preferred mobile browser.

Basically, what works and what does not work.

According to the product information on Eset's website it seems that the Firewall isn't supported for Android, but everything else on the list of features is marked.

Thanks in advance :)

Yes EMS only works with the default android browser and Google chrome and beta version of Chrome for android i believe 

if you are running android 4.4 or higher the sms blocker does not work. The work around for this is use a sms app with a blocking feature  look on Google play for one. i use Google Messenger it is very good.

apart from that everything else works in EMS

Does not support Chrome on Android Lollipop 5.0 or 5.1 for me, says so in ESET GUI.

Not sure why TXT feature cannot be programmed back in, I know its a change made to the Android side but its just going to sit not working from now on?

I would like blocking calls from overseas also so as to avoid these calls centres and are calls that appear as "Unknown" simply, withheld numbers?

I ask as "Withheld" is not same as "Blank" numbers you can get from spam marketing, BT have a home phone that can block all these.

I can block Withheld number on my Siemens landline phone but not one that have no number at all as this is the way spammers get around blocks.

Does not support Chrome on Android Lollipop 5.0 or 5.1 for me, says so in ESET GUI.

it looks like the latest version of chrome incombination with android 5.1.1 and 5.0.2 breaks the anti fishing feature 

Edited by dom1da

Well IMO there should be more updates to this Mobile side same as the main BETA's going on now.

I know own this as trial ran out but I am not 100% happy with features that used to work now not working.

More and more peeps are going to sue Mobile side of things and spam calls etc are on increase.

I am more than happy to Beta test Mobile builds.