ESET NOD32 v8.x blocks Ceton InfiniTV CableCARD tuner

Erik R

Windows 8.1 64 bit w/ Media Center

Ceton InfinitTV PCIe 4 tuner CableCARD

I've never had any problems running NOD32 v7.x. Upon trying to upgrade to v8.x last October, I could no longer watch encrypted cable channels. The Ceton diagnostics utility will not find a signal on those channels. If I uninstall v8.x and reinstall v7.x, everything works fine. ESET had recommended disabling HIPS, but that did not fix the issue. Even disabling NOD32 temporarily does not allow the Ceton tuner to work.

This week I tried updating to v8.x and the problem still exists. Ceton's tech support was unable to help beyond confirming that NOD32 v8.x does seem to interfere with their software's ability to communicate with the hardware.

I've run NOD32 for years and would hate to have to switch to another AV program, but I can only run a legacy version for so long.

Any suggestions for diagnosing this problem?

Previous ESET support Case #1227928

Thank you!

Edited by Erik R

• Administrators

Does temporarily renaming C:\Windows\System32\drivers\eamonm.sys and ehdrv.sys in safe mode, one at a time, make a difference? Do you really use ESET NOD32 Antivirus and not ESET Smart Security that contains a firewall?

Also please pm me the whole communication with the maker of the tuner which might shed some light.

Thank you, Marcos! When I have some free time this week, I'll try your suggestions and get you a copy of the emails from Ceton.