Issues with ESET System Security 8: Blank Screen, Protection, Kernel...

Issues:

1. System tray says "Enable Protection" even though the screen says Maximum Protection

2. I get a blank Home page for the program

3. Advanced Options does not open when clicked

4. "Error communicating with Kernel" occasionally pops up

(see images below)

I have rebooted, no effect.

Tried to "repair", never finishes

Suggestions?

post-7736-0-99366700-1434995787_thumb.jpg

post-7736-0-37458300-1434995788_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Please collect logs using Log Collector as per the instructions here: hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3466. When done, drop me a pm with the output archive attached.

If possible, start Windows in safe mode and rename C:\Windows\System32\drivers\eamonm.sys and ehdrv.sys, one at time. Let me know if renaming either one makes the issue go away (you will get other errors in the protection status but disregard them during the test).

I don't have installed this.

B.T.W. : I have two more pc with obsolete Eset V7 (5 licences). This devices are working correct. Only the machines with V8 cause the fault.

• Administrators

If you click About in the right-click tray icon menu, is a list of installed modules displayed or you get an error communicating with ekrn?

The fault came step by step during 10 minutes. Rightklick caused now the message "ekrn".
I interrupted the network access. The harddisk is working without any idle and I will restore
at the evening the harddisk from a disk image. Windows action center reports, that the firewall
and ESET antivirus is not activ. It is not possible to activate it.