Question V8 to V9

I wonder if anyone has just used the uninstall that V8 has in the 'repair or uninstall' section of choices.  Does it work to clean out all of V8 or do I really have to use the official uninstall that ESET provides and do I have to do a 'safemode' uninstall?

• ESET Insiders

Yes.

We are using it all the time with our customers and works well..

Just in some "strange" cases uninstall does not work and then you should use ESET Uninstall Utility.

With "strange" cases I'm thinking about:

1. where are two or more AV product installed at same time at same computer.
    Most probelmas we had with Symantec products - even when it looks like they are uninstalled they left lot of garbage :(
  2. Where malware destroyed part of Windows OS (like: disable BFE)
    There usualy helps sfc /scannow or some of Microsoft FixIt programs
  3. Where another program changed rights in Registry HKLM/Software branch return rights to admin

OK, I uninstalled V8 with the method I mentioned above  and did a deep scan with IObit uninstaller and IT WORKED.  Installed V9 and no problems.  Great, looks good.  KOR RODGERS-

Yes.

We are using it all the time with our customers and works well..

Just in some "strange" cases uninstall does not work and then you should use ESET Uninstall Utility.

With "strange" cases I'm thinking about:

1. where are two or more AV product installed at same time at same computer.

Most probelmas we had with Symantec products - even when it looks like they are uninstalled they left lot of garbage :(

2. Where malware destroyed part of Windows OS (like: disable BFE)

There usualy helps sfc /scannow or some of Microsoft FixIt programs

3. Where another program changed rights in Registry HKLM/Software branch return rights to admin

Thanks for all of the information.

For the first time in recent versions I have not installed a beta. Now I know what to do as far as uninstall is concerned. :) .

I do think that the IObit deep scan uninstaller was the key to getting all residue removed.  Just want to be clear on that.  As of now all is working great with V9. I like it and it is NOT slowing down my system that I can tell.