Question on NOD 32 purchase from last year

Hi all, I was looking through old emails and found I had bought a year subscription last Thanksgiving to NOD 32.  Unfortunately it's version 7, as now we are on version 8.  My question is if there is time left on it, (which there should be) , can I upgrade to V8 without paying for another license for version 8?

Sales Order Date 11/26/2013 (for 2014)

ESET NOD32 ANITVIRUS 7 1PC DL

Matt, yes (if the license still has time left-upgrade no issue)...see post #169 by SweX.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/352-introduce-yourself/page-9

Don't forget to uninstall previously installed antivirus software before installing ESET NOD32.

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1434049244641

Edited by TomFace

Excellent news, unfortunately my license expired last year and forgot to renew it. (Will not have money for a new license till middle of July maybe unless a special because of bills)  So what is the best course of action.

1.  Install NOD32 beta 9 which has a little bit longer then a 30 day license

2.  Trial NOD 32 version 8 and hope I can obtain a license. 

Matt

Well, as I am not testing the beta V9 and today is June 11th, what I would do is your option #2. You'll get the 30 days which will take you in to mid-July.

But that's what would work best for me. :rolleyes:

In addition, as you do not have a current license, I don't know how that would work with the beta V9 thing (you may not even have that option-I don't know).

Edited by TomFace

I can do option two and just check newegg.  I was also lazy at Black Friday and it slipped my mind

Go for it! Good luck. ;)  Black Friday/Cyber Monday is when I buy. 

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN932&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1434051575575

Edited by TomFace

I can do option two and just check newegg.  I was also lazy at Black Friday and it slipped my mind

Matt, also check Amazon.com. Remember, with a paid license version upgrades are included.

Edited by TomFace