EES on OS X

With ESET Endpoint Security v6 on OS X, is there a way to disable the Firewall alert on the client through ERAS?

I see where the option is on the client. I also see where the option is on ERAS, but it says it's for Windows only. I want to initially role out EES for our Macs with no firewall. I have a policy that turns the firewall off, but there is an alert on the EES icon in the menu bar.

• ESET Moderators

I'm not familiar with a way to disable just the notification--you mean both the ! in the menu bar and the "Firewall !" icon in the Protection status screen? I think the only way to not see it is to unintegrate the firewall altogether, but you probably don't want to do that because the Firewall includes web access protection and protocol filtering. 

Yes, I am talking about the ! in the menu bar and the "Firewall !" icon. To start out we just want to activate AV on the Macs. (Going from no security on them at the moment.) I know there is an option to not install the Firewall/Network module when installing Endpoint Security. If I go the route of not installing the Firewall/Network module now, is there way to install that module later? Or would that require a complete uninstall/install of Endpoint Security. Having the "!" in the menu bar is not going to fly. If I can hide the "!" and disable the firewall, that would be best, so I can just enable it later via policy.

• ESET Moderators

I understand--all I know is what I said in my first post. Another "outside the box" idea is to just install EEA in the mean time--your license should work for both EES/EEA--and then when you are ready for the Firewall, upgrade the workstations to EES