one improvement to make in gui

• ESET Insiders

when a virus signatures update, a scan, a program update is running, there's only that little bouncing black dot to show th activity: it's hardly visible, making that thingy red or orange would help a lot those users with a poor vision.

thank you devs :)

Edited by yeoldfart

Personally I associate Orange = a small problem.

And Red = serious/severe issues.

If there was a red dot bouncing and I was a new user of the product I would probably think that the update had failed or something like that, and the product wanted my attention to fix it.

Would green or blue work for people with poor vision ? Or some other color ?

you're right: a bright blue would be ok and matching the gui colors, hoping some dev will read this ;)

Oh that's lovely, I am no expert as to what colors that might work well or not for people with poor vision, so I thought I could ask to see if there were other colors that would work fine as well ;)

• Former ESET Employees

you're right: a bright blue would be ok and matching the gui colors, hoping some dev will read this ;)

At least some product managers are reading this :), I will discuss this idea with our designer. Thanks for that.

• Former ESET Employees

you're welcome

So ... we will leave this as it's already implemented, black on white is the maximum possible contrast achievable :)