AntiSpam on Exchange and on End points

DanAvni

Hi

We have email security for exchange installed and it is performing well in filtering out spam. It does from time to time miss out on some spam emails which users get to their mailbox. Since on the end points we have endpoint security installed, I was wondering if there is any reason I should not turn on the spam protection in the end point and integrate it into Outlook. This way spam users can reclassify and submit missed spam and also have another layer of protection if by any chance the exchange module missed something (or if the user is downloading emails from another account that is not exchange).

When installing the product I think that eset told me to disable the email protection on the end point but I am not sure. Anyway, is there any reason not to run anti spam both on the exchange server and on end points?

• Administrators

Antispam engine in EMSX and in Endpoint v6 is different. Also it's not wise to disable email protection on clients as you'd loose an important protection layer and received emails would not be checked against Live Grid reputation servers.

Marcos, I am using version 5 if that matters. So my understanding is that you *do* recommend using both the "eset mail security" on the exchange server and on the end points the anti spam provided by "eset endpoint security". Am I correct?

Edited by DanAvni