Future changes to ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium

On 11/18/2020 at 11:27 PM, peteyt said:

This has been discussed on multiple occasions by users with the link bellow just one example. However I can't see this happening. Esets argument is that malware might be able to bypass it which would make people think there's no risk

Not all ransomware is configured to bypass this. Some kind of flimsy argument. This is the same as saying that you don't need to insert a lock into the door, since the robber has the ability to open the lock with his own key.

• Most Valued Members
6 hours ago, DKech said:

Not all ransomware is configured to bypass this. Some kind of flimsy argument. This is the same as saying that you don't need to insert a lock into the door, since the robber has the ability to open the lock with his own key.

I actually agree. Nothing is ever 100 percent safe but the more options generally the better. I mean using your argument you could also argue a virus could bypass the AV so is there any point in the AV? 

I guess eset could be worried people would presume their files would be 100 percent safe which would cause some complaints if malware did bypass it. But I still think the positives would outweigh the negatives. It's also important to note that most of the eset staff on here don't actually deal with development decisions

• 3 weeks later...

DESCRIPTION: Move Scheduler from More Tools to Tools; move "More Tools" link on Tools page to a position at the end of the list

DETAILS: I can't remember how long it took me to find the Scheduler the first time I tried. It seemed like scheduling when a scan would occur is a pretty basic feature, and I expected to find it under Setup, but it was not there. I might have looked on the Tools page and not found it there, either. I think I missed the link to "More Tools" because it is in the lower-right corner of the page, all by itself. (And it is not in blue, like the other links on the page.) It would be found more easily if it were below the Banking & Payment Protection link.

If you moved Scheduler to Setup (where I think it belongs), that would throw off users who are used to finding it where it is. But there is certainly enough room on the Tools page for it.

Descrição: Tema ESCURO e modificar ícone antivírus.

Detalhe: Equipe precisamos urgentemente de uma modificação no tema do antivírus colocando o escuro e modificando o ícone do ESET o ico do Olho era muito mais atraente.

Machine translation:

Description: DARK theme and modify antivirus icon.

Detail: Team urgently need a modification in the theme of the antivirus by placing the dark and modifying the ESET icon, the single Eye was much more attractive.

Edited by Marcos
Machine translation added
  • 4 weeks later...

Description:Network device/more choices

Details:In connected home-click on device-the type of device there should be more choices,example:Home Security system,smart plug,thermostat,etc or atleast iot device.

• 3 weeks later...

Description: Allow saving scan settings with names

Details: My PC has some folders, that have huge amounts of data changing frequently - so I have to exclude them. Thus I need some "complex" scan settings to be set (including and excluding many folders), that I would like to save, so I do not have to reconstruct them each time I randomly want to run another smaller custom scan.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, SpamminEagles said:

Description: Allow saving scan settings with names

Details: My PC has some folders, that have huge amounts of data changing frequently - so I have to exclude them. Thus I need some "complex" scan settings to be set (including and excluding many folders), that I would like to save, so I do not have to reconstruct them each time I randomly want to run another smaller custom scan.

That's already possible. Create a new on-demand scan profile and select the desired targets.

When restarting a Client by sending a restart task, the client is killed without giving the client the chance to save any files. would be great to extend the restart feature with some kind of "choose time after restart will be executed and show a message box".

atm i just create a "run command" task with shutdown /r /t *time* /c "pc will be restarted in x minutes" running under C:\

but maybe it would be a useful feature for other customers.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, schuetzdentalCB said:

When restarting a Client by sending a restart task, the client is killed without giving the client the chance to save any files. would be great to extend the restart feature with some kind of "choose time after restart will be executed and show a message box".

atm i just create a "run command" task with shutdown /r /t *time* /c "pc will be restarted in x minutes" running under C:\

but maybe it would be a useful feature for other customers.

You have posted in a wrong forum. Consumer products cannot be managed by ESET PROTECT, only business products can. I recall this has already been requested.