Aryeh Goretsky

Future changes to ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium

1 minute ago, wraith said:

Precisely sir.

Thanks for the clarification.

Pardon me if this topic has already been discussed here or somewhere else on the forum

Description: Protect folders using the HIPS module

Details: Currently HIPS can protect specific files from modifications which I personally think is one of the coolest feature but the same can't be done for folders. I wanna protect my important folders from ransomwares or any other programs from modifying the contents of it. Like normal HIPS rules for files, user should be able to set whether ESET would ask the user for permission or always deny modification. Many other AVs have implemented this with their Ransomware protection module. ESET probably has the best and most customizable HIPS module of all the consumer AVs out there but it's missing this important feature at the moment. It should be one of the top priorities. I guess it won't be hard to implemented this.

Discussion moved here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/20766-controlled-folder-feature/

Hello,

I know this new version of ISS released 12.2.29.0. I'm on 12.2.23.0, do I have to manually download the latest version in order to upgrade or eventually ISS will notify me and eventually the upgrade can be done directly through the program

Thank you 😉

OK, It seems I got my answer, It shows in program itself that there is an update.

Thanks again

Edited by URBAN0

Will there be available offline installer of the latest ISS

Thank you

Please use this topic only to suggest improvements that you would like to see in our products. For regular questions, please create a new topic for each.

To answer them: shortly after the release automatic program update is provided only to a portion of users, however, manually running update will always offer upgrade. Within a couple of days all users should be updated to the latest version automatically. Offline installers should be released next week as well.

Ahh OK sorry for placing my inquiry in the wrong section and thank you for the answer.

Would be very cool if Eset offered just the firewall alone, most other features are useless for me.

I know you can disable components. To many settings to go through, although I like all the settings.

Please, just the firewall. 🙂

May have mentioned this before but i would love an option to change what shows when right clicking on the eset icon in the taskbar. E.g. user could add areas, settings etc. that they used more often for quicker access