Aryeh Goretsky

Future changes to ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium

1 minute ago, wraith said:

Precisely sir.

Thanks for the clarification.

Pardon me if this topic has already been discussed here or somewhere else on the forum

Description: Protect folders using the HIPS module

Details: Currently HIPS can protect specific files from modifications which I personally think is one of the coolest feature but the same can't be done for folders. I wanna protect my important folders from ransomwares or any other programs from modifying the contents of it. Like normal HIPS rules for files, user should be able to set whether ESET would ask the user for permission or always deny modification. Many other AVs have implemented this with their Ransomware protection module. ESET probably has the best and most customizable HIPS module of all the consumer AVs out there but it's missing this important feature at the moment. It should be one of the top priorities. I guess it won't be hard to implemented this.

Discussion moved here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/20766-controlled-folder-feature/

Hello,

I know this new version of ISS released 12.2.29.0. I'm on 12.2.23.0, do I have to manually download the latest version in order to upgrade or eventually ISS will notify me and eventually the upgrade can be done directly through the program

Thank you ūüėČ

OK, It seems I got my answer, It shows in program itself that there is an update.

Thanks again

Edited by URBAN0

Will there be available offline installer of the latest ISS

Thank you

Please use this topic only to suggest improvements that you would like to see in our products. For regular questions, please create a new topic for each.

To answer them: shortly after the release automatic program update is provided only to a portion of users, however, manually running update will always offer upgrade. Within a couple of days all users should be updated to the latest version automatically. Offline installers should be released next week as well.

Ahh OK sorry for placing my inquiry in the wrong section and thank you for the answer.

Would be very cool if Eset offered just the firewall alone, most other features are useless for me.

I know you can disable components. To many settings to go through, although I like all the settings.

Please, just the firewall. ūüôā

May have mentioned this before but i would love an option to change what shows when right clicking on the eset icon in the taskbar. E.g. user could add areas, settings etc. that they used more often for quicker access

Can you make the following improvements on your firewall:

1. provide the option to sort the rules by column

2. provide the option to add a date and time when a rule is created

Edited by Marcos
Discussion moved to https://forum.eset.com/topic/20974-firewall-suggestions/

Description: ESET Peek-in Code of a threat

Detail: If ESET couldn't stop a ransomware or a malware, it can decompile the code and show the code for the user if there is any killswitch or a decryption key to it.

It may not be inpossible, but It would be very cool feature in ESET.

27 minutes ago, Alex21 said:

Detail: If ESET couldn't stop a ransomware or a malware, it can decompile the code and show the code for the user if there is any killswitch or a decryption key to it.

If Eset couldn't detect the ransomware and it executed unimpeded, there is in all likelihood no code present to decompile. Most ransomware will remove its code after execution leaving only the ransomware note. Also only low-level ransomware would leave its encryption key on the targeted device.

Description: Show number of events in Log drop-down menu

Detail: In Tools > More tools > Log files, the number of recorded events is shown for the selected log type only. I think it would be useful if it was shown for all items in the drop-down menu without being selected.

I'm not good with words so I edited a screenshot with MSPaint to make my point clear. You can find it in the attachments.

numbers_in_dropdown_menu.png

1 hour ago, zeromido said:

Description: Show number of events in Log drop-down menu

Detail: In Tools > More tools > Log files, the number of recorded events is shown for the selected log type only. I think it would be useful if it was shown for all items in the drop-down menu without being selected.

I'm afraid this would cause bigger delays when opening the Log files window as all records would have to be counted in all logs. Also if the number of records changed, it would require a re-click on Log files to update the counts.

On 10/6/2019 at 6:23 PM, Marcos said:

this would cause bigger delays
would require a re-click on Log files to update the counts.

It depends on how ESET is programmed to update the counts. The way I see it, counting logs should be done like this:

1. Counts should be saved somewhere. Maybe in a file or a registry key.
2. When an event is finished, ESET would increment the log count of that event type by one.
3. Every time a user clicks the Log drop-down menu, saved counts are reloaded.

FYI, Windows Explorer monitors context-menu registry keys in real-time and any changes are applied immediately.

But of course if the change causes unacceptable delays or any other unexpected problems, then it would cause more problems than it solves.

I am using Kaspersky Endpoint Security right now but it does slow down my system that's why I was thinking to install ESET NOD32...Will It slow down my system or not?

21 minutes ago, carlevans said:

I am using Kaspersky Endpoint Security right now but it does slow down my system that's why I was thinking to install ESET NOD32...Will It slow down my system or not?

ESET shouldn't. Let's try it out, you can activate a fully functional 30-day license after installation. However, I'd recommend installing ESET Internet Security which also contains the network attack protection module that protects your machine on network level from malware that exploits vulnerabilities in network protocols to proliferate further over network. If necessary, create a new topic since this one is intended only for posting suggestions for future versions.

1 hour ago, carlevans said:

I am using Kaspersky Endpoint Security right now but it does slow down my system that's why I was thinking to install ESET NOD32...

Is this a commercial or consumer installation?

If commercial, I believe the appropriate Eset product would be either Eset Endpoint Antivirus (EEA) or Eset Endpoint Security (EES). The commercial equal to NOD32 is Eset Endpoint Antivirus.

Note that EEA or EES have minimum license seat requirements. Neither are available as single license puchase option.

Edited by itman

Can you fix EIS's DPI awareness so that the firewall message windows still fits the screen when "Advanced" and "Details" are both selected?