• ESET Moderators

Hello,

The goal of this message thread is to provide ESET with specific feedback on changes and new features you would like to see in future versions of ESET Internet Security or ESET Smart Security Premium. Please use the following format when providing feedback:

Description: A very-specific one-line description of your feedback.
Detail: A more detailed explanation of your feedback. Please feel free to make this any length, but be sure to use terms everyone can understand. If your suggestion is an extension or update to an existing discussion, please include a link to it in your message.

Here is an example:

Description:  Arduino support
Detail:  The Arduino is a small ARM-based single-board computer popular with hobbyists.  I think ESET should make a version of ESET Internet Security for it.

You are welcome to discuss the merits of each and every suggestion, but keep your comments on topic, concise and thoughtful.  There are other parts of the forum to discuss issues.

NOTE:  When making your requests do not offer general suggestions such as "better detection, HIPS, firewall, cleaning, and so forth."  ESET's threat researchers constantly examine new threats and release updates to the virus signature database and to the modules in order to improve these functions.  Requests must be actionable:  If you have a specific feature or functionality you would like to see added (or improved) please post it here, but general requests to "make things better" or "improve detection" are not helpful because they do not give ESET detailed enough information.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• 4 weeks later...

Description: Eset sysrescue linux based.

Detail:  I feel that Eset should offer a linux based sysrescue as well as the windows one. some malware does not allow windows discs to boot properly and this would solve the issue. Linux based rescue discs can offer wireless updating as well as Ethernet which would be good for laptops. 

I'd like to see in future versions of Eset Smart Security a Sandbox.

Many security software companies on the market already offer this resource on their products.

I consider a Sandbox one of the best ways to deal with zero day threats.

I think all the Eset users would appreciate to count with a Eset`s sandbox.

Thanks for the opportunity to express my opinion.

Edited by victorhcardoso

Description: Notify user of third party security updates

Detail:Currently eset notifies the user to missing windows updates. I would like Eset to extend this to third party products such as but not limited to java,flash player,adobe reader etc.

I do really think next Eset's version could implement a system to notify users about third party software updates as Avast already does on its free version antivirus.

I also think Eset should to make its HIPS module much stronger to deals better with zero day threats.

Thanks!

Description: iOS support.

Detail: I've finally joined the iPhone crowd but I'm dismayed at the lack of anti-malware available. I don't believe the traditional hype that Apple is somehow immune to malware. I would jump at the chance to secure our phones as well as our desktops and laptops.

Thanks Janus. I had not seen that before. Judging by the comments, a lot of people were/are disappointed that it is not anti-malware. I imagine that Apple is far less than supportive of any anti-malware since that could be viewed as an admission that it might be needed. Bye bye credibility of a major selling point if word got around that even Apple products need anti-malware. <sigh>

Description: Dump firewall in ESET Smart Security and ESET Endpoint Security - replace with Windows Firewall Control and integration

Detail:  

Microsoft ends support of outdated Windows XP. Windows Firewall in Windows Vista SP1, 7 and 8 is based on WFP.
Windows Firewall is fairly easy and simple. Microsoft allows way to integrate 3rd parties with it.

I also believe that this integration would be better of program side and would cause less issues than 3rd party own drivers and architecture.

Instead of own firewall, rely on Windows Firewall and enhance it with something like Windows Firewall Control.

Description: Add autorun protection - default block/delete of any autorun.inf files

Detail:  AVIRA program automatically blocks any autorun.inf file and this is very successful of preventing malware from removable media.

I favor also Autorun Eater which can block and delete autorun.inf files which spread malware.

If you create an option for ESET to automatically block and/or delete any autorun.inf file, this would help against malware from removable media.

Do not worry about false positives - you can create an option with a pop-up to ask the user, you can also make this function non-default, you can make it user dependant (like yellow PUP screen)

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

ESET actually uses WFP under Microsoft Windows Vista and above.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Description: Dump firewall in ESET Smart Security and ESET Endpoint Security - replace with Windows Firewall Control and integration

Detail:  

Microsoft ends support of outdated Windows XP. Windows Firewall in Windows Vista SP1, 7 and 8 is based on WFP.

Windows Firewall is fairly easy and simple. Microsoft allows way to integrate 3rd parties with it.

I also believe that this integration would be better of program side and would cause less issues than 3rd party own drivers and architecture.

Instead of own firewall, rely on Windows Firewall and enhance it with something like Windows Firewall Control.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello:
          I really like ESET's products and look forward to you adding more features and protection mechanisms, the following are my personal recommendations:
          In HIPS add command line testing, strengthen and improve the detailed HIPS protection mechanisms.
          Strengthen and improve the ESET Personal firewall module protection, to enhance the firewall level.
          Add the endpoint protection application control, the server system to increase the perfect behavior detection and firewall module HIPS.
          Strengthen or improve the heuristic scanning engine, enhanced remediation technologies, increasing advanced virus removal technology.
          Increase the complete cloud detection technology.
          ESET increase in the operations center in the windows firewall icon.
          Increased and more effective active defense bao'h

Description:  To not have ESET perform an entire scan of one's computer at each startup set as a default action.

Detail:  I personally don't want that, it really bogs things down, and on one system the scan takes about 1 1/2 hours.  It wasn't easy on my Windows 7 system to stop the scan either.  It took several times of clicking the 'x' to make the scan stop.  I had to consult the help section to find the settings to disable this feature.  Scheduling a full scan according to one's choice would be fine.   :)  Or maybe a 'quick scan' of the most common problem areas, like Microsoft Security Essentials does?  If a startup scan must be done at all, that is...

Edited by Near_Far

Description:  Enhance HIPS or Behavior Blocker
Detail:  ESET's ThreatSense technology is really good but I think some components that can detect malicious behavior would be even better.Currently the HIPS of ESET is not that easy to use.  :)

• Administrators

I hope that in the next version adds native 64-bit ESET.

Why? What advantage would you expect from a native 64-bit kernel as opposed to the current 32-bit version?

Description: Online Banking Protection
Detail: Use sandbox technology to protect browser from malware inject, etc and prevent keyboard logger.

Description: Enhance Firewall 

Detail: Enhance firewall features and enhanced the protection under automatic mode. It is stronger than Windows Firewall but still can improve more!

Description: Enhance HIPS

Detail: Enhance HIPS features and enhanced the protection under automatic mode. I saw the bad result in Matousec Proactive Security Challenge 64.

Description: Enhance AntiVirus

Detail:Especially can repair the infected files and higher detection rate without enable advanced heuristic 

Description: Enhance Cloud usage

Detail make the effect can stronger , as example panda cloud,

Description: An automatic sandbox component like Avast and Comodo have.

Detail: This is the best way to analyse zero day threats and restrict them from harming a user's computer, it has proven effective and preventative time and time again.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Apple does not provide the necessary framework for development of an iOS anti-malware app.  That might change in the future, but for now ESET, like other anti-malware developers, has to work with the APIs that the operating system developers give us.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Description: iOS support.

Detail: I've finally joined the iPhone crowd but I'm dismayed at the lack of anti-malware available. I don't believe the traditional hype that Apple is somehow immune to malware. I would jump at the chance to secure our phones as well as our desktops and laptops.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Not all third-parties provide an API like Microsoft does.  Each one handles it differently, and even that changes from time-to-time (look at how Oracle announcement for handling future Java updates as an example).

The HIPS module is regularly updated to handle new threats, better handle existing ones, fix bugs and so forth.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Description: Notify user of third party security updates

Detail:Currently eset notifies the user to missing windows updates. I would like Eset to extend this to third party products such as but not limited to java,flash player,adobe reader etc.

I do really think next Eset's version could implement a system to notify users about third party software updates as Avast already does on its free version antivirus.

I also think Eset should to make its HIPS module much stronger to deals better with zero day threats.

Thanks!

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

ESET regularly updates the HIPS, Firewall, Heuristic and Cleaning modules to handle new threats. ESET Live Grid, ESET's cloud technology, received a major update for the current version of the software, v6, and is updated continually as new and existing customers participate in it.

I am unsure of what you mean by adding command line testing to HIPS, increasing the operations center in the windows firewall icon or increased and more effective active defense bao'h, . Could you describe these further? (link to articles, screenshots, etc. is fine).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hello:

I really like ESET's products and look forward to you adding more features and protection mechanisms, the following are my personal recommendations:

In HIPS add command line testing, strengthen and improve the detailed HIPS protection mechanisms.

Strengthen and improve the ESET Personal firewall module protection, to enhance the firewall level.

Add the endpoint protection application control, the server system to increase the perfect behavior detection and firewall module HIPS.

Strengthen or improve the heuristic scanning engine, enhanced remediation technologies, increasing advanced virus removal technology.

Increase the complete cloud detection technology.

ESET increase in the operations center in the windows firewall icon.

Increased and more effective active defense bao'h

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

The startup scan normally takes just a few minutes to run and it vital to protecting your computer from advanced threats. If it is taking hours to run on your computer, I would suggest opening a ticket with technical support to investigate this behavior.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Description:  To not have ESET perform an entire scan of one's computer at each startup set as a default action.

Detail:  I personally don't want that, it really bogs things down, and on one system the scan takes about 1 1/2 hours.  It wasn't easy on my Windows 7 system to stop the scan either.  It took several times of clicking the 'x' to make the scan stop.  I had to consult the help section to find the settings to disable this feature.  Scheduling a full scan according to one's choice would be fine.   :)  Or maybe a 'quick scan' of the most common problem areas, like Microsoft Security Essentials does?  If a startup scan must be done at all, that is...

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

The HIPS module is frequently-updated to handle new threats, fix bugs and so forth.

What specific changes would you like to see in the user interface (feel free to create a mock-up screenshot if that would be easier for you to work with).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Description:  Enhance HIPS or Behavior Blocker

Detail:  ESET's ThreatSense technology is really good but I think some components that can detect malicious behavior would be even better.Currently the HIPS of ESET is not that easy to use.  :)

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

The requests for sandboxing technology will be forwarded to product development.

ESET's researchers constantly make improvements to the antivirus, cloud, firewall and HIPS modules.  If you have specific enhancements you would like to see to them, please let us know.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Description: Online Banking Protection
Detail: Use sandbox technology to protect browser from malware inject, etc and prevent keyboard logger.

Description: Enhance Firewall 

Detail: Enhance firewall features and enhanced the protection under automatic mode. It is stronger than Windows Firewall but still can improve more!

Description: Enhance HIPS

Detail: Enhance HIPS features and enhanced the protection under automatic mode. I saw the bad result in Matousec Proactive Security Challenge 64.

Description: Enhance AntiVirus

Detail:Especially can repair the infected files and higher detection rate without enable advanced heuristic 

Description: Enhance Cloud usage

Detail make the effect can stronger , as example panda cloud,

• Administrators

Is ESET doing a full scan on startup, or a quick scan?  The first scan ESET ran on my Windows 7 laptop, which ESET started without my input after I initially installed it, did take 1 1/2 hours.  When I restarted, the scan started up and I didn't let it complete.  I'll try re-enabling the startup scan and I'll see how long it does take.  I don't recall ever having had security software that does a scan on startup before this.  

Discussion on this topic was moved here.

Hello, I have downloaded and installed the beta version of ESET seventh generation of beta some comments and suggestions.

First of all, I think the new version of ESET tray icon looks good, to look good than 5.6.

Why is the interface with the sixth edition of the same?

I want to increase the HIPS command-line detection, improved cloud reputation, increase sandbox