• Administrators

I would love eset to, instead of just reporting malware detected to the user, provide options to clean,delete or quarantine the malware found after scanning of a file.

ESET cleans files by default, ie. unless you deliberately disable cleaning. Maybe you were referring to cleaning via the context menu scan which is available under Advanced options in versions up to v6. As of v7, cleaning is available as the first option in the context menu.

Guest Suj_96

I would love eset to, instead of just reporting malware detected to the user, provide options to clean,delete or quarantine the malware found after scanning of a file.

ESET cleans files by default, ie. unless you deliberately disable cleaning. Maybe you were referring to cleaning via the context menu scan which is available under Advanced options in versions up to v6. As of v7, cleaning is available as the first option in the context menu.

Yes, but after i performed a scan, it showed a virus but shows no options which it should in scan window.

I think it would be much easier for a user to remove a virus if it shows options in scan window rather than right clicking on the virus to clean it.

I have another problem.

When parental control is enabled, web pages take a lot of time to load,even google.

Why is it happening?

Yes, but after i performed a scan, it showed a virus but shows no options which it should in scan window.

I think it would be much easier for a user to remove a virus if it shows options in scan window rather than right clicking on the virus to clean it.

I have another problem.

When parental control is enabled, web pages take a lot of time to load,even google.

Why is it happening?

It would be best if you create a new thread for this problem, so we don't continue the troubleshooting in here. :)

I have another problem.

Why is it happening?

post-1101-0-85770400-1377312774_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice if "Advanced setup" in eset becomes more easy to use.

Setting up firewall rules and removable media protection could be made easier.

A sandbox feature would be great!

Hello Eset.

Description : Sandbox  (I know that this feature is requested earlier, so this is only meant as a supplement to a already existing wish)

Detail/why...: Hey Eset, create your own Sandbox, as a standalone tool, not as a integrated solution to Eset, but a separate solution, that you can download as a paying customer, only. It can e.g. be created so it will only work in combination with a eset product. Like many others I miss a sandbox solution. I know it is not the the solution of everything, regarding malware which have not yet been identified, but in my perspective, it is a much more friendlier solution, than the H.I.P.S function. Which are a much more advanced and harder tool to fully master than a Sandbox.

Regards, Janus

A Great, and very flexible idea Janus. Thumb up

Description: Exclusion list for Gamer Mode

Detail: Exclusion list for Gamer Mode where the user can exclude certain programs from the automatic gamer mode feature without having to disable it all together and fall back to that manual way, this can be very useful if you run certain application(s) but as an exception you still want to be notified about any events, and carry on with scheduled tasks, etc. for any reason.

Example: A user browse the web in Full Screen mode (F11) but still want ESS to display notifications about any events.

Mockups:

post-881-0-07273000-1378489311_thumb.png

post-881-0-65881400-1378489319_thumb.png

Edited by TGW

Description: Advanced Antispam / Email Functions with Centralised communication.

Detail: The ability to report emails back to a centralised database. Classifying emails as SPAM and adding a new option for PHYSHING. Database updates could be sent out include known current IP addresses of physhing websites, and email addresses of spammers and provided enhanced scanning through combined efforts of reporting, in addition to the already onboard options. (With the ability for users to opt-in or opt-out of the centralised system).

• 3 weeks later...

Please don't turn the Eset iRobot into a Frankenstein by adding junk features. Parental Control and social media scanner are quite useless. I just want an antivirus that protects my computer and not babysit my children. I see people who want sandbox and a browser for banking, I hope these features won't be implemented in the future. The best way Eset should make changes to future versions is to put businesses at the first place, and not consumers.  All these features I've mention would never be used by businesses, so they are wasting computer resources.

Description: Application Blocking - Ability to BLOCK certain applications from running or even being installed.

Detail: It would be great if ESET could implement a way to block certain applications from running or even being installed. By using the ERA, an Administrator could create a policy that would BLACKLIST (or WHITELIST) certain applications from being installed, launching and/or running as a service. 

Symantec Endpoint Protection has this feature and it allows you to block an application from running either by it's application fingerprint or executable name. 

With the development of certain applications, such as Dropbox, Chrome, Spotify, etc., that have the ability of being installed under a Standard user's profile which circumvents the need to be an Administrator to install an application, it is becoming more and more difficult for IT administrators to block these type of "rogue" apps from being installed on a computer by standard users. Most of these apps use common ports for outbound and inbound communication so they are not easily blocked using firewall settings.

Hope to see this feature implemented SOON!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrHacker

I would really say Heads Off to ESET.

ESET Give 

- Average Detection (I feel it as awesome.)

- Awesome Prevention

- Performance is the best in the whole market of AV's.

- Awesome Phishing Protection

& Now its New Advanced System Scanner is the thing i think which will Make ESET one of the Best AV.

Most Imp thing ESET contain very very less Bugs which increases it Performance.

I think ESET Contain very less Bugs because it does not release New Version every year & it does not change its GUI in every 6 months (Normally other AV's do change their GUI in every 6 months.)

Description - GUI should be Improved.

Detail - Sir GUI is very awesome, I like it very much But i think ESET is using this GUI from its ESET v3 as i think.

Edited by MrHacker

Description: Generic System rescue disk functionality

Detail:

The current implementation of the Rescue disk requires the user to download and install Microsoft Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (1.7GB), then build a rescue USB/CD/DVD. The boot image is specific to Computer, ESET licence and ESET software version, Windows version / patch level.

For the user to maintain this infection backup protection, this process needs to be repeated for every computer they have and redone every time ESET brings out a new version, Microsoft does a singnificant upgrade or their ESET licence is renewed.

That is a lot of ongoing work to have tool we all hope to not need.

It would be far better if:

1. The system rescue disk image ran on a wide range of computers, so users with mulitiple computers only need one rescue disk.
  2. A bootable image was directly downloadable from ESET so users who omitted to create a rescue disk before they suspected infection could still boot from a safe image and scan their computer (current licence to download current image would be reasonable).

Description: Different color for the header of HIPS (Interactive Mode) dialog windows.

Detail: The warning for PUA/PUP is almost identical to that of the HIPS dialog window, making it somewhat tricky to notice the PUA/PUP detections especially when installing/reinstalling programs where the user usually receives many HIPS prompts (if it's set to interactive mode), and this can affect the more careful user. Changing the color of the HIPS prompts to a different color can make it much easier to distinguish between the two different dialogs.

Screenshots:

The very similar HIPS and PUA dialogs:

post-881-0-21185300-1381466839_thumb.png

post-881-0-16514000-1381466841_thumb.png

A quick mockup for the suggested change (HIPS dialog):

post-881-0-83470800-1381466843_thumb.png

• ESET Insiders

Description: ESS remember that I've entered my setting protection password for 'x' amount of time.
Detail:I'd like future versions of ESS to remember that I've entered the password used to access password protected settings etc for a designated lenth of time rather than having the user constantly enter their password every time they wish to access a setting, delete a report etc.

Detail - Sir GUI is very awesome, I like it very much But i think ESET is using this GUI from its ESET v3 as i think.

Hello MrHacker, I just want to let you know that ESET have mentioned that a new GUI is in the works so it will change sooner or later. :)

Description: Different color for the header of HIPS (Interactive Mode) dialog windows.

Detail: The warning for PUA/PUP is almost identical to that of the HIPS dialog window, making it somewhat tricky to notice the PUA/PUP detections especially when installing/reinstalling programs where the user usually receives many HIPS prompts (if it's set to interactive mode), and this can affect the more careful user. Changing the color of the HIPS prompts to a different color can make it much easier to distinguish between the two different dialogs.

Screenshots:

The very similar HIPS and PUA dialogs:

attachicon.gifPUA.png

attachicon.gifHIPS_Current.png

A quick mockup for the suggested change (HIPS dialog):

attachicon.gifHIPS_Mockup.png

Yeah when you put it like that, I agree.

I wouldn't mind if the PUP notification color would be changed to something that get's the users attention, but would also show that it's not a severe malware detection (so not Red anyway). Maybe light purple to make it different.  :D

Edit: What's the firewall notification color now again....Orange or Light Blue is it not? (I can't check myself at the moment)  Forget it... I think It's Green if I remember correctly  :P

I wouldn't mind if the PUP/PUA, HIPS, and Firewall notification windows, would be in 3 different colors.

Edited by SweX

I wouldn't mind if the PUP notification color would be changed to something that get's the users attention, but would also show that it's not a severe malware detection (so not Red anyway). Maybe light purple to make it different.  :D

Edit: What's the firewall notification color now again....Orange or Light Blue is it not? (I can't check myself at the moment)  Forget it... I think It's Green if I remember correctly  :P

I wouldn't mind if the PUP/PUA, HIPS, and Firewall notification windows, would be in 3 different colors.

I believe the current color codes are as the following:

HIPS - Orange

PUA/PUP/PSA*(?) - Orange

Threat - Red

FW Outbound - Green

FW Inbound - Red (unless the connection is from the Trusted Zone, then it's green as well)

New Network Detection - Blue

I think the orange color is fit for the PUA/PUP but for HIPS some new color might be needed, blue can be used because AFAIK it's only used by the firewall when a new network is detected and that's a completely different looking dialog, but again any other color can be used, blue was just an example.

I believe the current color codes are as the following:

HIPS - Orange

PUA/PUP/PSA*(?) - Orange

Threat - Red

FW Outbound - Green

FW Inbound - Red (unless the connection is from the Trusted Zone, then it's green as well)

New Network Detection - Blue

I think the orange color is fit for the PUA/PUP but for HIPS some new color might be needed, blue can be used because AFAIK it's only used by the firewall when a new network is detected and that's a completely different looking dialog, but again any other color can be used, blue was just an example.

Yeah I believe you're right on the current colors that are used. :thumbup: 

Guest MrHacker

Hello MrHacker, I just want to let you know that ESET have mentioned that a new GUI is in the works so it will change sooner or later. :)

Thats a very good news that ESET is working on new GUI. Really ESET is the best AV but still it is not that much popular as other AV's are. In India, I think there would 4-5% of population may every listen the name of ESET. 

Edited by MrHacker

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Just a quick administrative reminder.  This message thread is for discussing future changes to ESET Smart Security.

Reports of issues with the currently-available versions of the software, including public betas, should go in their respective message threads. 

Likewise, discussions of release scheduling and the like should go in their respective message threads as well.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I would like to see the ability to exclude a particular file type from a particular URL. For example, I often log into the cPanel of a website I maintain and download backups of the site. The files are all .tar.gz, If I connect using a web browser, the download times out and is corrupted. If I connect by SFTP, I can set ESS to not scan the ssl protocol and the download completes with no issues. Downloading by https is not an option. The domain is a very active email server address, so excluding the entire URL would also exclude mail from the address, not a viable option, either. There is always the possibility of malware being injected into the site, so I wouldn't want to lose that protection, either, I just want to exclude a meg+ .tar.gz from being scanned from a particular URL. Come to think about it, the file type is not something that you would ever encounter in 'normal' web pages. It would probably work to just exclude the file type.

• Administrators

I would like to see the ability to exclude a particular file type from a particular URL.

You can exclude a particular address from content filtering in the URL address management setup if you trust it.

Actually being able to sort the list in "Running processes" by Process, risk level, Number of users, Time of Discovery and Application name. You know, simliar to Windows Explorer sorting. And then if possible, a link to VirusTotal for the "risk level unkowns".