ESET should focus on firewall to provide protection against strong flood and ddos attack

And when someone gives you flood the internet will be detected and stopped automatically without you doing anything

Microsoft has implement p2p function on their windows update, im just wondering if ESET able to do the same? 

The idea are so that when ESET user are using the same network for online, the update can be distributed much more faster and better among them.

Honestly, Im thinking about this because, in my shop we are doing services for the pc and laptop and also some cyber cafe activities, and all of our pc are using eset. so when customer want to reset their pc, we will install eset trial on their pc while offering them a full license products, but the 1st time update sometimes take longer time eventhough my internet speed are 20Mbps.

Well of course i understand that the 1st time update are large and slow, it just that theres might be a way to make it download faster or something like that ;) 

Personally I don't really like the P2P updates...

However in your situation you could use the business products from ESET where you can make an update mirror on one PC in your network.

However the PCs with ESET Endpoint Protection have to belong to you of course.

The only thing you can currently do for other computers is using the latest version of the installer, which also has all VSD updates included (at the time where it was released).

(And also use the offline installer so it doesn't have to download the installer file every time)

Edited by rugk

Hi,

I hope :

Add stream update

On my.eset.com see logs of the computers (or others actions), i have a family with 6 computers...

On my.eset.com add a form for samples

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to see a customizable GUI.

Add app icon in firewall rules. Sort rules by Allow, Deny. Add colors to rules. Green=Allow. Red=Deny.

Maybe search window in firewall. Create categories in firewall and be able to send created rules to desired catogery. That way you can get firewall rules better organized and easier to find rules. Everything now feels grey and hard to find.

Edited by Seth

• Administrators

I would love to see lower RAM usage. In ESS 9 is ~150MB, but in ESS 4 was ~50MB  ;)

I'm sorry but I don't get it. Is RAM really that much expensive nowadays that users would need to save every MB at the cost of smaller number of signatures in the database and higher performance impact? Newer versions use RAM for unpacking files and keeping information about scanned files for the purpose of optimizing scans and lowering performance impact.

• Most Valued Members

in case a user has 32bit OS, there is a limit to how much ram can be installed.

anyway eset has always tried to keep the resources at a minimum level so the products can be as light as possible.

also each year that the technology behind it's products is evolving there will be an slight increase to the required and in-use resources on the pc.

Maybe new release of ESS will be on Cloud? RAM usage will be lower and 0-day detection will be much better? What do you think about this: Eset Cloud-Security?

Edited by CC81

• Administrators

Maybe new release of ESS will be on Cloud? RAM usage will be lower and 0-day detection will be much better? What do you think about this: Eset Cloud-Security?

If your Windows is in cloud one day,then why not:)

• Administrators

If your Windows makes it to cloud one day,then why not:)

If your Windows is in cloud one day,then why not:)

I hope not (;

Edited by SweX

RAM usage will be lower and 0-day detection will be much better? What do you think about this: Eset Cloud-Security?

Well, it doesn't get "much better" automatically only because you put most of the software in the cloud and use a thin client on your computer, and "cloud" is only a word, what's going on in the cloud with the logics (algorithms, heuristics, behavior analysis)..and so forth is what actually matters. LiveGrid is ESET:s cloud back-end system that the software gets assistance from in real-time, and how ESET will improve LiveGrid and how the software takes advantage of LiveGrid in the future - time will tell.

The thing is that the RAM is very fast, so having the software loaded in the RAM results in that you get better system performance, but that is not possible if prio nr1 is to keep the RAM usage as low as possible. I personally prefer to have my security sofwares run locally but like that they have in-built cloud features that takes advantage of a cloud back-end system like LiveGrid, the best of both worlds.

• Most Valued Members

having an entire OS on cloud automatically means to have a perfect internet connection. in greece vdsl (30 or 50 mbps) is not even on the 5% of the country's homes.

we barely have 14mpbs on some areas. i prefer having my OS and programs offline and local on my hard disk.

• Most Valued Members

I don't think the Cloud would be feasible for me with .50 - 2 mbps 5GB cap connection. When the wind blows the right way and I have my tongue in the correct cheek between the first and second molar it may hit 1.5 - 3.0 mbps.

Hi,

What i'm waiting most for a lot of time, is a complete sandox included in smart security as Kaspersky does.

It is a very important tool for security and you begin shyly this year to introduce it with the new Banking and Payment Protection, which is a sort of small sandbox for some specific usage. In my opinion, this tool is too limited for the moment and not enough convenient for daily use.

There is no direct access (have to open smart security panel and go to tools) instead of a quick access by the tray menu or right click menu. Also it doesn't cover all the banking needs where security is particulary important. For example, my bank provide me a tool to connect to it to ask for a virtual card number before shopping, to avoid to give my real card number. This tool can't be protected by your new system because it seems to protect only Internet Explorer, as far as i understand it.

So I dream of a real complete sandbox, easy to use (right click menu, "load application in sandbox") that allow to use any program in a secure environment (to protect from keylogger, screen capture and so on). Can be also very useful to test a new software safely, if we are not sure that it can contains some malware.

Thanks for reading.

I would like to be able to sort the rules in the alphabetical order of HIPs rules. It can be alot to go through. I would also like if you could create groups and send rules to that group in HIPS. I have hard time to focus on details in advance setting because of the GUI. Maybe thats just me. But overall I love ESS.

• 4 weeks later...

There is no direct access (have to open smart security panel and go to tools) instead of a quick access by the tray menu or right click menu.

Actually you can access it through a desktop shortcut created when installing v9 or - in case you deleted it or it was no0t created - you can add it back by adding this shortcut:

"%programfiles%\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ecmd.exe" /startprotectedbrowser

Depending on your installation path you may have to adjust this value.

Description: ESET Smart Security V9 support for Japanese language

Detail: Currently live installer of ESS V9 isn't supporting Japanese. Hope its translation will be completed soon. I'm testing ESS V9 and almost satisfied except for this issue(may be addressed in future), and I'll definitely recommend ESET products to my friends when Japanese edn will be available :) Cheers!