• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Already implemented. See ESET Knowledgebase Article #3192, "How do I disable Windows update notifications in ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus?" for instructions.

I would also like to point out that (1) knowing whether "most people around the world using pirate versions of Windows" (or not) is not just very debatable, but outside the scope of this forum; and (2) installing Windows Updates is an extremely important part of keeping your computer(s) secure.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Descirption: Disable the default Windows Update notification after the install of ESET

Details: We all know that most people around the world use pirate versions of Windows. And they activate them with activator and disable the system updates. If they wanted to update the system they would not wait ESET to tell them to.

That is. I have been using ESET for years. And for me  the most important thing is that it does not slow down my computer. Keep it up like that ESET.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

hellow eset corp here is all the ideas for eset 8 

add this feature eset corp for eset 8 

Real time instant  detection

Real time fast  scan 

Real time strong firewall instant (block)

real time web instant detection 

real time network shield instant detection 

real time protection

real time anti stealh tecnology detection and block (and log

real time zero day detetion ( but this some virus can trick this detection and zero day fail you going to do this need  to master zero day for ultra detection that cant be trick )

real time anti spam instant detection 

real time anti phishing instant protection (that cant be trick 

new real time bank protection 

real time instant  anti exploid detection ( that detect windows webrowser or any stuff that have any  exploid are block and protected 

(new security reinforce -anti hacking protection(any that hakers cant acess to the pc ect 

ultimate hidding real time detection ( virus spy, monitor keylogers nsa  ect 

real time eset all mechanics anti crash- a very skill haker can user a bruteforce or other way  to kill the anti virus and gain acess to the pc  crashing all eset mechanics

real time webroswer atacks  the are not anti virus yet that can detect all tipe the atack when a webroser are open alot of port are open and alot of atack apears like the clasic dos atack, ip food syn food  3 shake atack  port scan detection ip fragment and more )

eset update sometime  are slow fix that with very high speed like 80mgbs 

ultimate SSL protocol chekig protection -update it that can increase security and  incription to 512bit and reduce the errors some https or http have erros  on the incriptions 

anti bypass strong fiewall (by the nsa or haker make it very dificulty to breake

anti bypass web  (atacks, ports,spam bruteforce ect that trick the web broswe detection and enter and steal data ect )

anti bypass real time detection 

anti bypass- anti stealh tecnology 

anti bypass hips registry detection ( some virus install silent and eset dont detect it 

anti hidding- programs or any virus

anti spy protection 

anti keyloger protection

anti network manipulation

anti registry manipulation 

anti web brower manipulation 

new eset style please change it to a more profecional for eset 8 

low impact for the processor 

low impact for the memory

low impact for the hardrive 

and very fast to run )

this all the ideas i have for the moment please update it

dont be so confident of your software make it better adding more funcions to be more secure for all users 

thank you............

post-3863-0-85200800-1400340880_thumb.jpg

Wow I don't think I have seen so many requests in a singel post before. Though it doesn't actually sound like you have used ESET since many of the requests is already in the product. 

Black GUI's like that one is something I really hate, it doesn't look professional and is absolutely not easy to use for every user wich is important. GUI's must be, easy to read, easy to understand, and easy to navigate.

Edited by SweX

... and easy on the eyes.

I'm sorry but kakashi's suggestions for product sounds like Norton summed up.

Edited by Arakasi

• 2 weeks later...

you can add add eset 

add avance malware destection

add advance firewall enchament protection mode super strong firewall anti bypass 

add avance anti stealch technolgy 

add add advance network detection  that (detect if someting or some one  are trasering your ip, atacking you or have other intencions like spy ect  and programs too 

add advance  network detection all programs 

add advance anti spam and(((((( advance pop up ultimate block))  open second or tird page with out permision happen all the times trustme 

add turbo scan  ( include all section including hidden sections  driveres regristry ect 

add ultimate http and https detection detect is the hhtps incription is fake or is bean manipulate 

add ultimate https incrip you with all page iven if the page dont have http securty 

add anti brute force mechanics hakers use brute force to damage the anti virus and bypass 

add more feature in the intrution prevention like ip food , dos atacks ect 

here eset here is aconfident page that all the atacks that you dont event know really existed in you life verifie and update lol 

hxxp://www.prolexic.com/knowledge-center-dos-and-ddos-glossary.html

ect 

add new modem look 

thank you 

eset corp 

add eset zero day detection  but hakers already bypass zero day detection so you need to make somting better to prevent that 

• Administrators

eset corp 

add eset zero day detection  but hakers already bypass zero day detection so you need to make somting better to prevent that 

It's already there. HIPS, Advanced memory scanner, Advanced heuristics, LiveGrid and URL filter coupled with generic and smart signatures provide unprecedented protection against zero-day threats.

Description: Temporary exception for websites blocked by "web protection"

Details: With phishing websites you already can do it, but not with websites blocked by "web protection": Showing the website although ESET blocks it without deactivating ESETs "web protection" or making a non-temporary rule.

• Administrators

We won't support that. There's always a good reason why websites are blocked. Users don't have all information needed to evaluate if a particular website is malware-free or not; permitting access to such websites by one click would expose a lot of users at risk as they might get infected easily.

We won't support that. There's always a good reason why websites are blocked. Users don't have all information needed to evaluate if a particular website is malware-free or not; permitting access to such websites by one click would expose a lot of users at risk as they might get infected easily.

There's always a good reason why websites are blocked.

Yes of course, but maybe it's one of the sites without maleware* and the author or somebody else wants to test whether the website contains maleware or not.

Users don't have all information needed to evaluate if a particular website is malware-free or not

They can test it at VirusTotal or look at sites like (or use add-ons) like WOT. Of course they can't be really sure whether it's malware-free or not, but they can get more information about a site from many sources.

by one click

I don't say "by one click". Maybe another warning should be shown before (like "Are you really sure? (...)") and the user must click on "Yes, I assume the risks". Also the "Go one website"-Text could be displayed as a small normal link, so that not everybody see the link at the first glance.

And do you think phishing isn't bad as maleware?

Because users already can go on a website if it is blocked by "phishing protection".

post-3952-0-25050300-1401462682_thumb.png

* Maybe this sites, they want to unblocked, also contain maleware - I can't promise it.

Edited by rugk

• Administrators

They can test it at VirusTotal or look at sites like (or use add-ons) like WOT. Of course they can't be really whether it's malware-free or not, but they can get more information about a site from many sources.

We don't recommend using VirusTotal or any other similar service to determine if a file or website is clean or not. We are often asked why we block certain website when no other vendor detects it at VirusTotal. Further investigation reveals that there is malware detected only by ESET.

If you want to bypass blocks at your risk, you can exclude a blocked website from scanning or url blocking completely.

And why are you able to bypass the blocking of a phising website with one click?

Because ESET usually builds based on customer feedback and we have stated time and time again, please dont lock down the system. Control .

Please dont become ESET 360.

Some may get the reference.

:)

Bypassing the Phishing block if all it is is a Phishing website (no malware) will not result in an infected computer, I guess there might be Phishing websites having malware on them as well, but if it's just a fake version of a known website accessing it will not infect your computer with malware.

But bypassing a website blocked because there's malware on it is a much more serious situation. And having a bypass option for  malware sites makes it very easy for users that thinks that ESET is wrong when it blocks a website due to malware to bypass and voila...."Oh no ESET were right!!!"

So it's better like it is now (and a user choice) to exclude that website and by doing so you'll be able to access that particular site, of course it's not recommended. But before excluding it, it could be a good idea to post a question like "I have been visiting this website for years, and now ESET says there's malware on it, is the site really infected?"

@Arakasi. Yes I hope all understand what you mean :)

• Administrators

Bypassing the Phishing block if all it is is a Phishing website (no malware) will not result in an infected computer, I guess there might be Phishing websites having malware on them as well, but if it's just a fake version of a known website accessing it will not infect your computer with malware.

But bypassing a website blocked because there's malware on it is a much more serious situation. And having a bypass option for  malware sites makes it very easy for users that thinks that ESET is wrong when it blocks a website due to malware to bypass and voila...."Oh no ESET were right!!!"

Yeah, it's similar with exclusions for other than PUA detections. Giving the user an option to exclude such files directly from the alert window would be dangerous as we all know that not all end users are knowledgeable and pick whatever option just to avoid getting an alert again.

Eset corp you need to update eset final version have a bug
I tell you what is... All eset have it
Need to update....
Quarantine  virus sumit ) for some reason eset detect all virus but when they are in quarantine only let you to sumit some not all the others say error unable to sumit need to fix that)
Why becase is the most important part if you whant to sumit a new virus you cant do that
Please fix that
And thank you

Edited by Marcos
Case adjusted

Description: Firefox OS support

Details: ESET Mobile Security already supports Android, Windows Mobile and Symbian. But there is another (quite new) OS for smart phones: Firefox OS. It would be nice if it will supported in the future too.

Edited by rugk

esetcorp you need to reduce eset smart security low inpact cpu and memory 

when eset start in the start up windows use to much resources and slow the pc 

if you can try reduce the start up time that dont make to much impact starting up 

and this feature reduce the pc performace if you can make a update for fast performance (RUNTIME PACKERS ) AND THE ORTHER IS ADVANCE HEURISTICS

and to be hosnest eset dont detect browser adware or registry install infected fix that 

eset corp try to make  new engine that detect all types of virus even if they are hiden or install browser or regristry 

and add more features to the intrution preventions there is alot of atacks that you dont put yet 

here is page with all the atacks you dont event know yet hxxp://www.prolexic.com/knowledge-center-dos-and-ddos-glossary.html  is 100% secure 

that all eset thank you....

when eset start in the start up windows use to much resources and slow the pc

That isn't normal, maybe its a bug - it worked for me correctly and is quite fast.

and to be hosnest eset dont detect browser adware

It detects many adware (like toolbares) if you put on the option to scan for PUAs (Potentially unwanted applications) in the advanced settings.

make  new engine that detect all types of virus even if they are hiden or install (...) regristry

It also already does so. E.g. "HIPS" protects the registry actions (you can also set it to an interactive modus).

That's a glossary for (D)Dos-Attacs, not for maleware! Many listed words are only apply servers and not home computers, but the firewall of ESET also protects from (D)Dos attacks.

If you want to know what sorts of malware there are, have a look here: hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware#Concealment:_Viruses.2C_trojan_horses.2C_rootkits.2C_and_backdoors (German version: hxxp://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadprogramm#Klassifizierung)

And you could also have a look about the Anti-malware strategies.

Edited by rugk

ESET CORP DONT RELEASE ESET 8 YET UNTILL YOU MASTER ALL FUNTIONS  AND FEATURES AND ENGINES

I WHANT ESET 8 TO BE NUMBER 1 = 100/100 SCORE DETECTION 

THANK YOU  love this corp 

10-4 out 

• Administrators

I WANT ESET 8 TO BE NUMBER 1 = 100/100 SCORE DETECTION 

Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world and there's nothing like 100% protection against threats. It can only be as close to 100% as possible.

Description: Priority for firewall rules

Details: There should be an option to change the priority of firewall rules. If this option would be there you could - e.g. - block the internet connection for an program generally and only allow to connect to a specific IP.
And also the temporary rules (created if the interactive firewall is used) should have a priority, so that you can temporary allow all internet access for a program, except of the connection to an specific IP (blocked by an non-temporary rule) or reversed.

-Content deleted-

Now, what did I have in mind? I think it would be nice if we could get settings editor. I know this is part of the remote management interface (or whatever is it called, it's been like 3 years since I was working with that), but it's a handy feature some desktop users migth benefit from as well.

Description: A possibility to copy the ip adress or also locate the ip adress directly from the message of the interactive firewall.

Details: There should be a possibility to copy the ip adress directly from the message "Do you want to allow this internet traffic?" from the interactive firewall. So you can better search on websites to who this IP belongs.

And also a possibility to locate the IP address from the message window with services like hxxp://en.utrace.de or hxxp://www.geoiptool.com/en/.

Something like this:

post-3952-0-80852400-1402407515_thumb.pngpost-3952-0-71604000-1402506165_thumb.png

And you could also auto-locate it and show a flag:

post-3952-0-60242700-1402408331_thumb.png

Edited by rugk