• Administrators
1 hour ago, peteyt said:

I've been asking for the ability to customise the content menu for a while now so that users can add stuff they'd prefer to see e.g. firewall troubleshoot wizard

This topic is checked by product managers and staff responsible for decision about new features to implement so posts from you never go unnoticed. Unfortunately, customization of the tray icon menu is not an easy task and since it would cost too much in terms of resources, it's not on top of the to-do list.

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Marcos said:

This topic is checked by product managers and staff responsible for decision about new features to implement so posts from you never go unnoticed. Unfortunately, customization of the tray icon menu is not an easy task and since it would cost too much in terms of resources, it's not on top of the to-do list.

Oh yeah sorry if I sounded rude as I do get it's not a priority

Description: PLUGINS for the browser.
Details: Develop plugins to block dangerous and pop-up blocker sites such as Kaspersky, Avast and Bitedefender. These companies already have this kind of security.

• Most Valued Members
5 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

Description: PLUGINS for the browser.
Details: Develop plugins to block dangerous and pop-up blocker sites such as Kaspersky, Avast and Bitedefender. These companies already have this kind of security.

This has been asked before a few times I believe but a lot of people are against it as toolbars, plugins etc. can often cause more problems.  For example you mentioned Avast - I posted something in the general forum a week or so ago about Avast having its browser addons removed as it was actually tracking users - something that people not only find shady, but something people might expect an AV to prevent not actually to take part in. I will paste the link of that post bellow. 

As for ad blockers eset has often been popular because it doesn't include stuff that could be classed as non security. For example many AVs these days include features similar to CCleaner e.g. removing unneeded junk files. While this may come under privacy, eset has always focused more on actual security e.g. preventing viruses, hackers etc. This is probably the reason eset doesn't include an ad blocker because while adverts can be annoying, they do not fall under security.

However it is important to note, that while eset doesn't include a popup blocker it has features, technologies etc. designed to protect you while browsing. Its web protection and other tools are designed to block malware online including those via adverts so while it may not be able to block adverts it should prevent any from infecting you. 

I don't actually work for eset - so I don't know eset's exact stance on these things, but I don't expect eset would go down the route you mentioned.

Description: Ad blocker.
Details: I hope Eset has a ad blocker function similar uBlock Origin with built-in rules and allowing import custom rules (EasyList, EasyPrivacy,...) without any browser extension.

• Most Valued Members
11 hours ago, Dung Tran said:

Description: Ad blocker.
Details: I hope Eset has a ad blocker function similar uBlock Origin with built-in rules and allowing import custom rules (EasyList, EasyPrivacy,...) without any browser extension.

Sadly eset hasn't got an adblocker. As mentioned in my above post I cannot see them adding one but I don't work for eset so could be wrong. Eset does protect you however from adverts containing malware

I am back with Eset because i trust it. 

Suggestion - better User Interface - Kaspersky has a good one.  Makes decisions for me - i can run the optimize settings when i want to.

Kaspersky allowed me to stop any updates or scans starting when i am doing a Power-Point presentation.

Thanks. :)

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, jems said:

Kaspersky allowed me to stop any updates or scans starting when i am doing a Power-Point presentation.

For this there is gamer mode which activates automatically when an application is running in full-screen mode.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members

When a full program update is installed you are given the option to restart eset to finish the update.

I would love it if there was also a shutdown option so the user could shutdown the computer when finished and when booting back up the update would be properly installed.

The problem is doing a standard windows shutdown doesn't work - so if for example a user doesn't have time to do a reboot and shuts the computer down via the standard windows way and then boots back up later they would then have to go to eset and click the restart option. Not sure if this method would be hard to implement and I know it's not really an important feature or priority but it could be handy

• 1 month later...

Description: Searchable list of recent changes
Detail: Provide us with list of all recent changes in rules / settings, so we can find what we broke and correct it. Selected item could open in it's real location (i.e. recently added firewall rule will open in firewall settings, selected).

Why: While installing new GeForce Experience I miss-clicked application change dialog, effectively blocking it. And I couldn't find, where the rule was. It wasn't on the firewall list, adding it there in learning mode didn't helped,... while disabling firewall made application working. Only through interactive mode I was able to resolve it. I would like way more control over the process by having all those changes in one place.

• Most Valued Members
On 3/12/2020 at 10:02 PM, Navara said:

Description: Searchable list of recent changes
Detail: Provide us with list of all recent changes in rules / settings, so we can find what we broke and correct it. Selected item could open in it's real location (i.e. recently added firewall rule will open in firewall settings, selected).

Why: While installing new GeForce Experience I miss-clicked application change dialog, effectively blocking it. And I couldn't find, where the rule was. It wasn't on the firewall list, adding it there in learning mode didn't helped,... while disabling firewall made application working. Only through interactive mode I was able to resolve it. I would like way more control over the process by having all those changes in one place.

Did you check the firewall troubleshooter wizard?

23 hours ago, peteyt said:

Did you check the firewall troubleshooter wizard?

Not at that moment (had no idea it's there and now it's empty) but it could be step in good direction (thanks for pointing me to it).

So I would change my FR to troubleshooter wizard to include all other rules and settings changes and allow longer time periods for filtering (at least up to a week - some changes might take time to be noticed).

Edited by Navara

• 3 weeks later...

An IP country blocker. Like OA Armor, developed by Australian company (Tall Emu), until the program was sold to Emsi Software GmbH .

Description: Logging of dropped packets/blocked connections in Interactive Firewall mode

Detail: When I deny access to something in Interactive firewall mode there's no way to later check what site that particular app tried to connect. It would be very useful if all the dropped packets can be log so that one can later check everything and do the research if required. This logging shouldn't be enabled by default but there should be an option to enable that when the user activate Interactive mode from advanced settings.

Discussion moved to https://forum.eset.com/topic/23153-logging-of-dropped-packetsblocked-connections-in-interactive-firewall-mode/

Edited by Marcos
Discussion moved

• 4 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, I did not read through all 36 pages of this thread. The Tools tab could be better designed. The first page in EIS  shows only three Tools. Connected Home, Banking Protection and Anti-Theft. You must then click at the bottom to get to the second screen of more tools. Anti Theft is typically something that once it's set up, it's rarely accessed. Same with Banking, typically I click the shortcut on the desktop. So this entire first page is essentially useless, whereas Live Grid, Logs, System Inspector and Network Connections  are things I tend to check more frequently. Perhaps add more functions on the first page and/or move functions not frequently used to the second page.

• Most Valued Members
9 hours ago, NewbyUser said:

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, I did not read through all 36 pages of this thread. The Tools tab could be better designed. The first page in EIS  shows only three Tools. Connected Home, Banking Protection and Anti-Theft. You must then click at the bottom to get to the second screen of more tools. Anti Theft is typically something that once it's set up, it's rarely accessed. Same with Banking, typically I click the shortcut on the desktop. So this entire first page is essentially useless, whereas Live Grid, Logs, System Inspector and Network Connections  are things I tend to check more frequently. Perhaps add more functions on the first page and/or move functions not frequently used to the second page.

I can't answer for eset but wonder if they have those stuff shown by default as they are less technical while as the ones hidden by default are for more advanced users e.g. system inspector.

I have mentioned it would be handy for more customisation. For example allowing you to choose what you see when you right click on the eset tray notification e.g. if your a gamer and use gamer mode a lot it would be handy. Same with the firewall troubleshooter which I find is quite hidden. I do know however customisation is not a priority which I do understand 

• ESET Insiders
1 minute ago, peteyt said:

I can't answer for eset but wonder if they have those stuff shown by default as they are less technical while as the ones hidden by default are for more advanced users e.g. system inspector.

I have mentioned it would be handy for more customisation. For example allowing you to choose what you see when you right click on the eset tray notification e.g. if your a gamer and use gamer mode a lot it would be handy. Same with the firewall troubleshooter which I find is quite hidden. I do know however customisation is not a priority which I do understand 

Thanks, I thought of suggesting customization lol. But it would be somewhat complicated and obviously not something worth the overall effort and not worth making it a priority. And yes, it probably is designed that way for ease of use. I've read a number of reviews complaining about the "myriad of settings" available. Seems most people just want a "protect me" button lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2019 at 9:35 PM, AGH1965 said:

It is very simple. Use SetThreadExecutionState. See: link to Microsoft Windows Dev Center.

I don't know about you, but I personally am already fed up with the ads that always appear on the internet. Because my service is related to computers and websites, I always have to endure these stupid ads. Good thing that 3 weeks ago a friend recommended some AdBlockers chrome and with their help I got rid of the annoying ads.
Before installing the programs I had a very hard time, full of nerves and because of this, I almost break up with my loved one. Look what nonsense can come out of simple ads on the internet.
I was tired of them.

Edited by cowboy1986

• 3 weeks later...

Description: Program/application auto update

Details: the option which allows ESET to update windows applications with one click saving time and effort from updating each application individually and help in securing these programmes with their regular updates

• Most Valued Members
11 hours ago, taentheboss said:

Description: Program/application auto update

Details: the option which allows ESET to update windows applications with one click saving time and effort from updating each application individually and help in securing these programmes with their regular updates

I can't see eset doing this myself  and i can see some users finding it an unwanted extra but I have wondered if this could be a good idea before.

Hackers will look for vulnerabilities to abuse to get access to a computer and one way would be out of date software so I do see some merit in this idea.

• 4 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders

Description: Non-default browser for Banking and Payment protection
Detail: It would be nice if we could set non-default browser to be used for banking protection when secure browser is run from main screen or using desktop shortcut. I use Firefox for day-to-day browsing (it's set as default) and Internet explorer for online banking and similar.

I can launch protected IE if I navigate to banking website from within IE and then switch to secure browser when asked. If I launch secure browser from desktop it will always launch Firefox and as it seems that there is no option to set non-default browser to be used as secure browser.

• ESET Insiders

Description: FW option evaluate rules from Windows Firewall
Detail: In Advanced setup of Firewall set to Automatic mode there is an option Also evaluate rules from Windows firewall. As described this option will allow inbound traffic allowed by Windows firewall.

For me it would be useful to have an option that will also evaluate blocked outbound rules in Windows firewall. This way those rules wouldn't have to be recreated when migrating from Windows native firewall to ESET's.

I apologize if any of both suggestions have already been posted.

On 6/29/2020 at 11:22 AM, Minimalist said:

Description: Non-default browser for Banking and Payment protection
Detail: It would be nice if we could set non-default browser to be used for banking protection when secure browser is run from main screen or using desktop shortcut. I use Firefox for day-to-day browsing (it's set as default) and Internet explorer for online banking and similar.

I can launch protected IE if I navigate to banking website from within IE and then switch to secure browser when asked. If I launch secure browser from desktop it will always launch Firefox and as it seems that there is no option to set non-default browser to be used as secure browser.

This is usually accomplished the reverse of what you are doing.  In Win, the default browser would be set to IE11. The advantage of this is if your browsing in FF and then land on an Eset whitelisted banking site for example, Eset would auto open that site in IE11 using Banking and Payment Protection.

BTW - no one including Microsoft recommends using IE11 for anything anymore. Also as far as FireFox goes, Eset creates a separate profile used only for Banking and Payment Protection. The profile FireFox created for non-Banking and Payment Protection browsing activities is not used.

Edited by itman

• ESET Insiders
7 hours ago, itman said:

This is usually accomplished the reverse of what you are doing.  In Win, the default browser would be set to IE11. The advantage of this is if your browsing in FF and then land on an Eset whitelisted banking site for example, Eset would auto open that site in IE11 using Banking and Payment Protection.

BTW - no one including Microsoft recommends using IE11 for anything anymore. Also as far as FireFox goes, Eset creates a separate profile used only for Banking and Payment Protection. The profile FireFox uses for non-Banking and Payment Protection browsing activities is not used.

Hm, I don't know how many people actually use IE as default browser. If so, they would also use it for browsing so there would be no separation of browsers.

Regarding IE - I just prefer to use it that way. Bank uses personal certificate for identification and I imported it to Windows certificate store and it's not accessible by Firefox. So using IE jthat way makes sense to me.

I've had option to select which browser will be protected in previous AV solution so I thought I'll give a suggestion here.