Eset 8 not compatible with any version of Thunderbird

Hello,

Today I installed ESET Smart Security 8. It turned out that in the options e-mail program integration there is no Thunderbird . Therefore, if this function is not restored in the next version of I'm going after the expiry date of the Eset license not to renew the license.
One of the reasons why I use in my company ESET was the fact that integrate with Thunderbird. Now Eset integrates only with Microsoft products  which is absurd.

User 25 licenses ESET Smart Securit 8.

Wujek

• Administrators

Support for current versions of Thunderbird was discontinued in 2011 about the time when Mozilla decided for rapid release process, it's nothing new. However, even with no plug-in support incoming email is scanned by the POP3(S)/IMAP(S) scanner and you basically lose only antispam protection which is included in TB anyways or you can download a free antispam plug-in.

I decided on Eseta for two reasons:
Firstly, Anti-virus protection
Secondly Antispam protection that the average user is much more noticeable than Anytwirus running in the background.

For several years, I do not update Thunderbird and am using version 5, hoping that in the end Eset will implement support for newer versions of Thunderbird. After years of waiting would send me to a competitor's product, which proves that You do not want to do this or You do not know how to do it.

It seems that one of you does not understand the needs of users.

Wujek

• Most Valued Members

newer versions of thunderbird have an excellent antispam system as long as you train it to recognize the spam and the good messages, after that it automatically marks spam as they arrive.

I suggest to update to the newest to also benefit from the security improvements.

• Administrators

It has been explained elsewhere why it's impossible to keep pace with the rapid development cycle employed by Mozilla which led to ESET discontinue support for Thunderbird. As already stated, Thunderbird itself has an excellent antispam system and there are also other alternatives to it available.