Windows 10 Build 10130

Hello,

CAN you please advise when version 10130 will be supported for eSMART Smart Security ?

Currently it fails on Activating the Product

• Administrators

10130 most likely not but the final version will be supported. We are still waiting for M$ to provide their partners with some stuff needed to create drivers for this particular build.

• ESET Insiders

I only beleieve in what I can touch and see ! why do Norton, Bitdefender, F-Secure etc. work perfectly fine with TP 10130 ? I assume they don't receive privileged infos :(

Hi all I´m really fan of Eset and I want to ask you if you can tell me when you think the final release will get ready? I mean, this month? next month?

Best regards!!

An MS employee yesterday spoke about a new possible public build (10134) so even if they fix it for 10130 there is still no guarantee it will work with newer builds.

I think the new activation process is somehow tied to the HIPS module... 

And HIPS driver always had problems with newer builds/OS-es, but nobody cared because before 9 we were still able to use most of the features of ESS/EAV.

Even Kaspersky works fine with newest preview, and they didn't care about beta OSes, in the past they even disabled the installation if they detected an unsupported or beta os...

Edited by Szaby84

Hi all I´m really fan of Eset and I want to ask you if you can tell me when you think the final release will get ready? I mean, this month? next month?

Best regards!!

When it's ready for prime time as usual, ESET never give release dates ahead of time :)

Hi there, I installed Beta 9 on Windows 10130 enabling Test-Mode, a bad idea.

Now I uninstalled and don't have any network connections and even the ESETUninstaller.exe wasn't able to clean this issue.

Do you have a fix?

Edited by lamda

• Most Valued Members

I only beleieve in what I can touch and see ! why do Norton, Bitdefender, F-Secure etc. work perfectly fine with TP 10130 ? I assume they don't receive privileged infos :(

There is always a risk of issues when using a non stable version of Windows and it's recommended that the general public stick with stable. Eset might not want to make it compatible with the newer version in case they then update it again and eset need to fix it again. It's sometimes easier to wait till the final version

• Administrators

If using Windows 10 build 10130, you'll need to use a newer build of ESET v9 beta containing drivers compatible with this build. It should be available within the next few days.

• Former ESET Employees

Updated v9 beta installers compatible with Windows 10 build 10130 are available on public download server,so you need to download the installer again.

Edited by Martin Semjan

• ESET Insiders

new Nod 32 AV installer (clean install)  worked blazing fast without a glitch, activatation and update too, stable on W10 TP10130 x64, good job devs :)

Edited by yeoldfart

Problem: Windows 10 10130: network protection does not start, writes the initialization error. First removed the old eighth version, then installed the new ninth.

• 1 month later...
  • ESET Moderators
Windows 10 will be fully supported once officially released including the Personal firewall.

Please find more info regarding Windows 10 support on the ESET Windows 10 landing page hxxp://www.eset.com/int/windows10-compatibility-free-update/

The upgrade process for both home and business users is also well described in the hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3747#KB article

P.R.