where is nod32 v5 download links?

Guest Chris C
Go to solution Solved by Guest Georgia,

Guest Chris C

previously eset had download links to multiple versions, now I only see v6.

I need v5 please.

ESET appreciates your feedback. 
As long as the software is within the support lifecycle window -- you are most  welcome to run a 4x version.

I very much like that ESET allows customers the option to run older versions, even if it isn't recommended to do so.

• Former ESET Employees

Some users simply like the look and feel of the older versions or might be running systems that don't handle the newer versions so great. While we always recommend running the latest version, it makes sense to keep the older versions available as long as we're able.

I'm glad to hear that keeping older versions available makes sense to ESET. It is one of the reasons why I am returning as a customer after an extended absence. :) Some other industry stalwarts have decided to force customers to upgrade to the most recent versions. However, for reasons you have mentioned this isn't always feasible or desired. Newer versions typically introduce new features and perhaps a customer has another separate application that they like to provide that functionality. And installing two applications that perform the same functions is both redundant and prone to clashes.

We are most pleased that were we able to be of assistance to you in this matter. If you should have any further queries regarding this topic, please feel free to post added comments.

Regards,

• Administrators

We would be glad if you could let us know why you prefer v5 to v6. Your feedback helps us develop the products to your liking.

• 1 month later...
Guest Georgia

When I go to that page and select the version 4; then input windows version and select English, the version changes to 4.2.71.2......................where is the dot 5 version?

• Administrators

V4.2.71 is the latest v4 available for home users. I'd strongly recommend using v6 which has better protection against new born malware than its predecessors. V7 is going to be available soon which will have protection capabilities improved even more.

Guest Georgia

V4.2.71 is the latest v4 available for home users. I'd strongly recommend using v6 which has better protection against new born malware than its predecessors. V7 is going to be available soon which will have protection capabilities improved even more.

That wasn't my question.  You and Siljalene both quoted links that contain version FOUR that ends in DOT5 (.5).  That doesn't appear to be the case when downloading because the version that downloads is DOT2 (.2).  

That wasn't my question.  You and Siljalene both quoted links that contain version FOUR that ends in DOT5 (.5).  That doesn't appear to be the case when downloading because the version that downloads is DOT2 (.2).  

Is that a big problem? Is there something you know about that was fixed in a build in between .2 -> .5 that was causing problems for you? If not then you can go with the build that ends with .2.

In anycase, both builds are V4 for sure.

Edited by SweX

Guest Georgia

Is that a big problem? Is there something you know about that was fixed in a version in between .2 -> .5 that was causing problems for you? If not then you can go with the .2 version.

In anycase, both builds are V4 for sure.

Who said there was a problem?  I pointed out the discrepancy between what was said and what was posted.  Both posted links to a .5 build version for version 4 and yet the download is for build version .2.  If there is a later build version of .5, I wonder why it is not on the download page.  

Marcos - Is there a .5 build?  If so, why doesn't the download link retrieve that instead of the .2 build?

Sometimes (not sure if it is the case with V4) but the last number/numbers represent what language it is, e.g .5 may be English, and .8 may be Spanish like an example. And I believe that is the case here too. So it is the same build and the language is the only difference. So depending on what language you chose, the last number/numbers will change.

This is what I think...others may be able to confirm if that is the case. :)

Edited by SweX

Guest Georgia

Go to this link - please scroll down to hxxp://www.eset.com/us/download/home/detail/family/2/fileflag/5.2.15.2/ 

This will get you the v5 (.2) build.

Wow.  This just goes on and on.

The question was not about version FIVE.  It was about version FOUR.

hxxp://www.eset.com/...eflag/4.2.71.5/  Build (4.2.71.5)   This is the link you and Marcos quoted.  As I've said multiple times already, clicking on that link will download build .2           Not .5 as the two of you have quoted.  Is there a .5 build of version 4?   I'm not sure if there is a language barrier here or not but I can't state it any simpler than I already have.

• Administrators

There is no version 4.5 except ESET File Security and ESET Mail Security. The latest v4 version for workstations is 4.2.71. As explained above, ESET does not recommend installing v4 as it contains bugs fixed in newer versions and does not provide as good protection as newer versions.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

The last number in the version string is the "wave" number for that release.  ESET supports 30-40+ different languages in some of its products, and may release a version of a program in 5-8 languages at a time.  As a simple example, "wave 0" might cover English and Slovak, while "wave 1" covers the French, Italian, German and Spanish languages and "wave 2" covers Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Korean, Japanese and Thai languages.  That's just to give a hypothetical example of how they might be grouped by region, by the way.  It always varies with every release based on a variety of factors such as whether the translation is done for that langauge, partner requests and so forth.

For more information on understanding how ESET numbers things, see the Decoding ESET version number post.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Guest Georgia

There is no version 4.5 except ESET File Security and ESET Mail Security. The latest v4 version for workstations is 4.2.71. As explained above, ESET does not recommend installing v4 as it contains bugs fixed in newer versions and does not provide as good protection as newer versions.

I guess nobody from Eset can actually read.  I did not say 4.5

Go back and read what I've actually said and quoted numerous times...................this forum is going to be as helpful at the old Wilders forum.  Over 24 hours to get an answer to a question and it's going in circles because people can't read.

Two people from Eset have stated hxxp://www.eset.com/...eflag/4.2.71.5/

That is version 4.2.71  and BUILD .5

When you click the link it downloads build .2

Not build .5       as has been quoted by Eset

Is there a .5 build of version 4?  Very simple question.  If there is not, then stop quoting it in your links.  Also, remove it from the version four download page stating that .5 is the latest version/build

• Solution
Guest Georgia

Hello,

The last number in the version string is the "wave" number for that release.  ESET supports 30-40+ different languages in some of its products, and may release a version of a program in 5-8 languages at a time.  As a simple example, "wave 0" might cover English and Slovak, while "wave 1" covers the French, Italian, German and Spanish languages and "wave 2" covers Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Korean, Japanese and Thai languages.  That's just to give a hypothetical example of how they might be grouped by region, by the way.  It always varies with every release based on a variety of factors such as whether the translation is done for that langauge, partner requests and so forth.

For more information on understanding how ESET numbers things, see the Decoding ESET version number post.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thank-you for the answer.