EAV 9 is super light!

At laaaaaaaaaaaaast!!! ESET is coming back to the old days of glory! this thing is light as a feather with no slowdown in browsing! I am so happy! great job ESET :)

I just reported a feedback to them when I attempted to create this thread, the moment I hit the NEW TOPIC Icon I got an SSL Error page in Chrome with the following message:

Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.

I'm sure it's a glitch though as the 2nd time I tried it worked

I think no, it's not faster... it's a beta Software.... Seem's after 45 oor 60 minutes it slowed down my internet connection.... when i had more Windows opened at chrome.

Than i had to switch "Advanced Heuristics on file execution" off,,, that it was working general again.

Edited by AndyX28

i also disagree. i find it honestly a bit heavier then v8 at this point. browsing is very fast but overall the system is responding a bit slower. i.e. opening files, or programs, unzipping large files etc. its a very minor amount but i do notice it. still much lighter then almost anything else out there imo though. only a very few others compare.

i also disagree. i find it honestly a bit heavier then v8 at this point. browsing is very fast but overall the system is responding a bit slower. i.e. opening files, or programs, unzipping large files etc. its a very minor amount but i do notice it. still much lighter then almost anything else out there imo though. only a very few others compare.

Hmmm, I`ll continue to monitor it, maybe I was so pleased because most of what I do is surf the net and that was my biggest gripe with v8 it made my internet crawl and sites have a 2 to 3 sec lag before they connect, now it's instant.

I have reported 3 bugs already via the feedback thing

1) While I was on the EST forums then tried creating a new topic, I got the following error in Chrome: 

Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have. 

2) this GUI glitch has been there since many versions behind but it\'s time to fix it! Even if I have my product activated, upon right clicking on the EAV / ESS icon, it shows a link to activate the product! please remove it if a user has already activated it it created useless clutter to the right click menu 

post-1272-0-24399900-1432931080_thumb.png

3) Bug when right clicking on the EAV icon in taskbar

When I right click on the EAV icon in the taskbar, it also pops up the taskbar right click menu by mistake. I tried many times and it happens everytime.

post-1272-0-34917600-1432931114_thumb.png

I am trying to help ESET as much as possible to polish this up and make it perfect :D

1st issue: Try disabling SSL protocol filtering, I had the same issue, because it's apparently enabled by default with this beta build.

2nd: even if your product is activated you may want to change your license earlier before it expires, so I think that's not a problem...

3rd: That's a Windows issue, but yes it happens more often with the new Eset icon.

Edited by Szaby84

1st issue: Try disabling SSL protocol filtering, I had the same issue, because it's apparently enabled by default with this beta build.

2nd: even if your product is activated you may want to change your license earlier before it expires, so I think that's not a problem...

3rd: That's a Windows issue, but yes it happens more often with the new Eset icon.

1) I know it's beta, that's why I reported it. It is a welcome addition :)

2) Well that should be from within the main GUI not needed on the right click menu

3) No it's not a Windows issue, only happens with this Beta ;)

Hello,

i used now the uninstalling tool, from other thread. https://forum.eset.com/topic/5041-unable-to-uninstall/    ^_^

There have been 2 installations detected, when i was starting this tool in safe mode.

I was wondering... Maybe some remains from #8  and now #9.

So i had to erase 2 programm's.

Than i installed ESS 9 Beta again, after CCleaner running, searching for "Eset" folder's on C:\ and  delete them...

Maybe it's now a bit faster....

Seem's browsing is a bit better now and SSL sites, from forum here are loading good.  ;)

Make sure, that you really have a clean install.

Edited by AndyX28

funny thing. this was a FRESH CLEAN system no previous av at all clean windows 7 x64 install. i used the uninstall tool in the other thread to remove v9 and rebooted. i reinstalled v9 on this same system i did not start it over fresh with a restored image and i will not say its night and day but there is a difference, im not at all seeing the lag i was before in many cases. i still will not say its faster or lighter for me than v8 (except for the lightweight filter issue i have had in that case its EXTREMEMLY better) but its odd that i also see it being a bit lighter then the first install. and my system was clean with no prior av. so maybe a issue with the install im not sure.

funny thing. this was a FRESH CLEAN system no previous av at all clean windows 7 x64 install. i used the uninstall tool in the other thread to remove v9 and rebooted. i reinstalled v9 on this same system i did not start it over fresh with a restored image and i will not say its night and day but there is a difference, im not at all seeing the lag i was before in many cases. i still will not say its faster or lighter for me than v8 (except for the lightweight filter issue i have had in that case its EXTREMEMLY better) but its odd that i also see it being a bit lighter then the first install. and my system was clean with no prior av. so maybe a issue with the install im not sure.

Hello Zfactor,

yeah as you said, very strange thing. :lol:

I have done now 3rd install... I know i'm crazy... but it's like a new Car. You will switch every button, but than 

you start thinking, that original Settings, of Eset Programmer's will be the best. :)

I have a little bit optimized my pc, too. I switched defender completely off, killed a Cyberlink process in Startup and did a bit Hard Disk cleaning...

Than i used again the tool in safe mode... and later, after some CCleaner Scan's(for lost registry entries) i installed ESS 9 Beta new...

Now it's running so smoothly. :)

I mean ESS 9 Beta, is a bit like ESS8 in maximum settings. But after finishing first scan, it run's well... :rolleyes:

After the procedure, i posted 2 post's ago, it really was fast and i had no SSL problems anymore.

So ESS9 gives a safe, protected feeling. Running in maximum settings and still isn't to slow...

Bye, have nice Saturday

Edited by AndyX28

...but its odd that i also see it being a bit lighter then the first install. 

Yeah, maybe it's a easteregg or speacial feature from the programmer's. :lol:

The more often you install it, so faster it is. *joking*

Edited by AndyX28

• 1 month later...