ERA virtual appliance ignoring some of the config file

I'm playing around with the ERA virtual appliance and I've got it up and running but for some reason the config file is only reading the first few lines, I feel I might have broken it when editing it.

It reads the line with the host name and this is reflected on the console when the server boots. The next line is for the password and this isn't read properly as any changes to it are not reflected when logging into the console or the web interface.

I've contacted support and just got told that because I'm running on hyper-v it's not supported so tough luck which is a strange answer as the issues seems to be with the config file and is nothing to do with they Hypervisor.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.

UPDATE

I managed to cure this issue by copying over a new copy of the ERA Server appliance and redoing the configuration. It looks like there was a carriage return or some other issue with the config file that was causing it to ignore lines after the hostname config. 

As I suspected it had nothing to do with Hyper-V and I'm disappointed in ESET support to fob me off over something so simple. 

In the end I decided not to use the appliance as it would not join the domain and as we are running Hyper V I doubted I'd be helped any further by ESET support.

I'd like to suggest that if Hyper V is an unsupported environment that ESET remove all instructions on how to use the ERA server on Hyper V until they release a properly designed and configured XML and VHDX suitable for Hyper V.
It's also very strange to only offer support for VMWare when so many of the instances where an ERA server would be very useful will have a Hyper V environment already.