V9 - Beta - Activation

It's disabled by default because HIPS module is also disabled/doesn't work with the newest W10 preview.

Edited by Szaby84

• ESET Insiders

I went into HIPS, put a tick to enable, then the cross to disable Self-Defence. Rebooted, HIPS as Szaby84 mentioned is disabled upon reboot, the cross remained against Self-Defence and activation failed as previous. 

• ESET Insiders

@Szaby84 just wondered if it is the same error code you get on the message.

ECP.4099

post-927-0-73580400-1432892243_thumb.png

FI - When checking for product updates that bit seems to work without any error.

so will the old ones still work? what about those of us who just bought the 5 packs from newegg? i literally just bought 3 of those and i had 3 or 4 other retail boxes still sealed? are those no good now? if so that is a bad move imo. i even had my mom and some other family members buy like 3 when newegg had them on sale so they had them for the future, i asked many times if they would ever not work over at wilders and was told many times they had no plans of killing those. so PLEASE clarify for me. if this is the case there are MANY people who will not be happy i know a ton of people who do the same when they are on sale. and what about those who have time left on their existing lic. so far v9 fixes my issue with the lightweight filter while v8 does not?

im not stating at all they will not work just wanting someone to clarify how or at least tell us they will work and i didnt loose money on those.

thank you

Yes, you can still use unused license keys for v9 activation and you will be able to convert your existing username/password to a new license key for final v9 release.

perfect! thank you for the response. im actually liking this new one its growing on me. i do feel some system lag still with it though.

so will the old ones still work? what about those of us who just bought the 5 packs from newegg? i literally just bought 3 of those and i had 3 or 4 other retail boxes still sealed? are those no good now? if so that is a bad move imo. i even had my mom and some other family members buy like 3 when newegg had them on sale so they had them for the future, i asked many times if they would ever not work over at wilders and was told many times they had no plans of killing those. so PLEASE clarify for me. if this is the case there are MANY people who will not be happy i know a ton of people who do the same when they are on sale. and what about those who have time left on their existing lic. so far v9 fixes my issue with the lightweight filter while v8 does not?

im not stating at all they will not work just wanting someone to clarify how or at least tell us they will work and i didnt loose money on those.

thank you

Yes, you can still use unused license keys for v9 activation and you will be able to convert your existing username/password to a new license key for final v9 release.

perfect! thank you for the response. im actually liking this new one its growing on me. i do feel some system lag still with it though.

very strange bro, you know I am the most sensitive person when it comes to performance as you may have noticed from my previous threads on Wilders and here. But this version is super duper light on my Alienware 18. I am so eager to have it reach final stage with all the little quirks ironed out then we have the best AV ever! Very secure yet super light, just like the old days.

Mind you, I did a clean installation, I always take a system image before installing an AV so when I want to try another AV I have a clean state as I don't trust the uninstallers to properly remove all the traces.

Edited by Matrix Leader

ekrn.exe does connect to  137.135.12.16:https

but data length is zero

also https scanner is not working properly in ESET 9 beta. Even if i disable the Https scanner, some https websites are not working properly

since ESET activation is making https connection to 137.135.12.16  . It may be getting disrupted by ESET itself. may be something to do with certificates

post-7526-0-16446600-1433144350_thumb.jpg

look the product update module is connecting and sending data as well.

but the activation module is just connecting to the server but not sending any data to the server. thats why activation is failing in windows 10.

post-7526-0-31578100-1433144801_thumb.jpg

I have the same Problem with the activation.

My Rig

Windows 10 Technical Insider Preview Build: 10130

I hope you can help.

Known Issues

• Upgrade from previous versions is not supported - clean installation is required

• Reset settings to default doesn’t work

• Anti-theft association message cannot be dismissed in some cases

• Anti-theft doesn’t send screenshots from webcam and desktop when a device is in missing state

• Windows 10: only build 10074 is supported

• Windows 10: firewall is blocking network connections / firewall driver fails after reinstall of the application / OS upgrade

• Installation of the beta product over different type of product is not supported (ESET NOD32 Antivirus over ESET Smart Security and vice versa)

• Firewall troubleshooting wizard counter always shows zero

• Help texts are outdated

• Banking & Payment protection frame is not always correctly displayed

• Importing certificates for SSL scanning to Firefox fails in some cases

• Only the latest versions of browsers are supported for SSL scanning

• SysInspector crashes on Windows XP

• Administrators

If using Windows 10 build 10130, you'll need to use a newer build of ESET v9 beta containing drivers compatible with this build. It should be available within the next few days.

I don't want to be annoying... but to clarify for myself... once the v9 of ESET is officially released, will our licenses carry over from the program update of those of us using v8 of ESS and NOD32 the official version of v9?

Or first of all, is it required to do a clean installation once it officially releases?

• Former ESET Employees

I don't want to be annoying... but to clarify for myself... once the v9 of ESET is officially released, will our licenses carry over from the program update of those of us using v8 of ESS and NOD32 the official version of v9?

Or first of all, is it required to do a clean installation once it officially releases?

yes, your v8 license will be transfered during upgrade process.

no, it will not be required to do a clean installation when v9 is officially released.

yes, your v8 license will be transfered during upgrade process.

no, it will not be required to do a clean installation when v9 is officially released.

Awesome! Thanks for the response.

thanks Marcos , i was not sure if this is new product

tested new  antivirus 9 beta x64 on win 10 v10135

eset.jpg

but eset 8 work well  on 10135 , excepting hips

post-1008-0-49611700-1433798947_thumb.jpg

Edited by teodor12

• ESET Insiders

thanks Marcos , i was not sure if this is new product

tested new  antivirus 9 beta x64 on win 10 v10135

eset.jpg

but eset 8 work well  on 10135 , excepting hips

win 10 v10135 is a leaked build. Not officially released by MS. Latest official and 'supported' 10130.

Build 10130 is working correctly with Eset latest Beta released the other day.

• ESET Insiders

I insist on it: works fine with TP 10130, Eset not to blame, roll back to 10130, make a clean install, clear and simple.

• 2 weeks later...

Tested eset 9 beta  antivirus  and cannot be activated on  windows 10 10147 x64  , the new leak

Since eset 8.0.312 work fine  , the argue that this is a leak  not a release and eset 9 should not work seems very silly

waiting for new betas

Edited by teodor12

• 2 weeks later...

New OFFICIAL 10158 out and of course I can't activate it...

The activation system in the older version's was MUCH BETTER.

Edited by Szaby84

New OFFICIAL 10158 out and of course I can't activate it...

The activation system in the older version's was MUCH BETTER.

same here. PLEASE fix it!