Eset Smart Security And Eset Nod32 Antivirus 9 Beta Available

Hi,

Today we released ESET Smart Security 9 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 in Slovak, Czech and German languages.

The rest of the languages (including English) should follow in the coming weeks.

Coming weeks? Wow! I thought you would've said coming hours or coming days! This is not fair that you release it for one country before another. We all pay. IMHO it should be a global release! Enough with the buggy v9 Beta or the super slow v8. Give it to us for God's Sake! I have a license for 7 computers valid until 2020

Before everyone goes bananas over no English version release in the first "wave". I note that the situation we have now with the V9 final release is similar to the V7 final release in the sense that the English version will be released a little bit later. So I'll take the opportunity to quote what our good friend Aryeh said when the final version of V7 was released to the public.....

Hello,

The release of ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7 is being done in a staggered fashion, with the first wave being rolled out in a few languages. The full release around the world, including international English, has not occurred yet, however.

Think of this as a short, limited beta test for a few customers, but instead of being for the program code it's for the release process itself. By doing the release in the languages and countries around ESET's global headquarters, ESET has a chance to fine-tune any sales, marketing and support activities before the global release occurs.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Before everyone goes bananas over no English version release in the first "wave". I note that the situation we have now with the V9 final release is similar to the V7 final release in the sense that the English version will be released a little bit later. So I'll take the opportunity to quote what our good friend Aryeh said when the final version of V7 was released to the public.....

Hello,

The release of ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7 is being done in a staggered fashion, with the first wave being rolled out in a few languages. The full release around the world, including international English, has not occurred yet, however.

Think of this as a short, limited beta test for a few customers, but instead of being for the program code it's for the release process itself. By doing the release in the languages and countries around ESET's global headquarters, ESET has a chance to fine-tune any sales, marketing and support activities before the global release occurs.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Considering English is the interntional language of the world, I would've thought that they should get the update first or at least at the same time as the Czech version. Not leave the biggest user waves on the older version for long. And again, if it was a matter of days I can understand, but TomasP said in the next coming weeks, definitely not very promising and I am very upset to read this.

• Most Valued Members

Hello,

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

SweX,

Thanks for the reminder about the v7 release. I had forgotten about how it went, wish that was the only thing I couldn't remember.

I'm content with how the beta is running but I still look forward to the final so I can try to get some of the rules I added straightened away.

Be patient everyone. I would rather have a top performing program then one that wasn't ready for prime time and led to constant problems or worse yet security issues.

Take your time Eset, get it right.

Hello,

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

SweX,

Thanks for the reminder about the v7 release. I had forgotten about how it went, wish that was the only thing I couldn't remember.

I'm content with how the beta is running but I still look forward to the final so I can try to get some of the rules I added straightened away.

Be patient everyone. I would rather have a top performing program then one that wasn't ready for prime time and led to constant problems or worse yet security issues.

The point is, they already did get it right, if the final is available in other languages, it means they did get it right. Why torture the rest of the world I don't understand! Not fair! I wanna speak to the CEO right now!

Hello,

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

SweX,

The point is, they already did get it right, if the final is available in other languages, it means they did get it right. Why torture the rest of the world I don't understand! Not fair! I wanna speak to the CEO right now!

Perhaps you should wait to speak with the Chief Executive Officer until you are more calm, not that I think he can help you since this and similar decisions concerning the product release schedule are most likely made by someone else - not the CEO.

Edited by SweX

• Most Valued Members

Hello,

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

SweX,

You are assuming it is "right." If Eset was confident it was "right" it would be released  globally. As with v7 release, as SweX quoted, Eset must be releasing v9 in the same manner for the same reasons, which is fine by me.

It's obvious you disagree and want it released now. I doubt speaking with anyone at Eset, including the CEO, would change their release plans. 

Matrix Leader get over it. Temper tantrums won't help anything. :huh:

Think before you speak (or type).

If you think this is a big problem, you have much to learn.

Edited by TomFace

Firstly: Congratulations ESET on your version 9 release of Smart Security and Nod 32

Lastly: looking forward to the English language release Thank you for making Excellent Antivirus products       

Matrix Leader get over it. Temper tantrums won't help anything. :huh:

Think before you speak (or type).

If you think this is a big problem, you have much to learn.

I suggest you mind your own business Mr. Smart Tom.

• ESET Insiders

As there's no english version released and in my eagerness to use v9 final, I decided to take the opportunity to learn a new language and subsequently installed the german version. Ja ja so gut!

I think I'll try the Slovak version tomorrow. :)

• Most Valued Members

@Matrix Leader as said earlier, the release is done in waves to ensure a smooth and bug free release around the world.

despite english being a global language they (ESET) are not obliged to release it first in english. sine they decided to release in those 3-4 languages, they wont change their desision last minute.

also im pretty sure the ceo has far more important things to worry about thatn speaking with dissatisfied customers, you could send a ticket to the support team and express your concerns.

also note that the translation is done by people not by computers, and this might take some time to fully translate everything in the product. would you like to have a product with some bugs not fixed in the final product? what would you do then? you would accuse the company of not fixing them.

so wait patiently for a release in your desired language, after all you have waited formore than a year, what are a few more weeks?

@Matrix Leader as said earlier, the release is done in waves to ensure a smooth and bug free release around the world.

despite english being a global language they (ESET) are not obliged to release it first in english. sine they decided to release in those 3-4 languages, they wont change their desision last minute.

also im pretty sure the ceo has far more important things to worry about thatn speaking with dissatisfied customers, you could send a ticket to the support team and express your concerns.

also note that the translation is done by people not by computers, and this might take some time to fully translate everything in the product. would you like to have a product with some bugs not fixed in the final product? what would you do then? you would accuse the company of not fixing them.

so wait patiently for a release in your desired language, after all you have waited formore than a year, what are a few more weeks?

alright thanks, at least this is a more diplomatic answer than some others here!

Cheers man

Hey, I'm just here for the floor show! :D

$5.00 cover and $1.50 martinis and the Rat Pack is due anytime (and they even brought Lawford along for laughs).

Edited by TomFace

As there's no english version released and in my eagerness to use v9 final, I decided to take the opportunity to learn a new language and subsequently installed the german version. Ja ja so gut!

I think I'll try the Slovak version tomorrow. :)

Haha interesting experiment. Personally, I think I would be able to understand Angela Merkel better than Richard Marko, if we were to have a conversation I mean.

hxxp://www.eset.com/de/

hxxp://www.eset.com/sk/

I am even more sure German is easier to understand for me after comparing the two languages on the ESET sites above.

Let us know how it goes with the Slovak version, if you go for it.

Ja ja sehr gut, stackz :D

Edited by SweX

Hi there!

Does anybody know how to disable Anti-Theft notifications on Destop-PCs, since it makes no sense to turn it on there?

Although I have disabled Anti-Theft under the Settings "Security Tools" (screenshot 2), I still get notifications on my homescreen (screenshot 1). Can anyone help me?

post-9104-0-04762100-1443866621_thumb.jpg

post-9104-0-19564600-1443866625_thumb.jpg

I have a problem with ESET9 and win 10. Network protection seems that doesn't work as personall firewall, IDS and botnet protection are "non functional" and on the red coulor.

Treid on 2 machines with win10 with the same result, so I'm not sure if the problems is with windows or with beta of eset 9 product.