Eset Smart Security And Eset Nod32 Antivirus 9 Beta Available

it it meant for the pop up box to be off center the red border is not even around. i know its something stupid but thought i would mention it.

edit: i have had twice now where the firewall rules i set did not stick i noticed it after restarting the computer. not sure it it was a fluke but the third time i set a few rules they seem to have stuck. maybe a bug not sure since the third time it seems okay.

Edited by zfactor

• Most Valued Members

Installation of v9 beta was really fast, much faster than v8 based on my experience so far.

GUI is simple, clean and modern.

Almost no noticeable impact on my system either, I think this will be a great release.  :)

Hmmm there seems to be a memory leak. On the Win XP box ekrn.exe was using 405MB. Right now 215MB and slowly going up again.....

Edited by SweX

I had today, black screen's, while browsing....  Sometimes it hangs off, when i shut down windows.

Also the scanner is sometimes slow... maybe he doesn't save scanned file's from "first scan".

I don't know, if smart optimization than is working...

Edited by AndyX28

Hey group.

I know it is not recommended but wondering if anyone has installed V9 OVER V8..........I want to keep all my settings.  Just wondering.  KOR-

Edited by Marcos
Formatting removed

• Administrators

I know it is not recommended but wondering if anyone has installed V9 OVER V8..........I want to keep all my settings.  Just wondering.  KOR-

Not only is it not recommended but installation over an older version is not currently supported as stated at hxxp://www.eset.com/int/beta/edition2016/:

Known Issues

• Upgrade from previous versions is not supported - clean installation is required

Version 9 uses a brand new configuration and activation system known from Endpoint v6 so keeping previous settings is not easy as installing v8 over v7 for instance. However, it should be (at least partially) supported in the final version.

Hello dear Eset Team,

everything is running well, after 2nd install and not so much switching around. :)

Great product.

I like the new green switches, which are showing if the modules are running or not. :wub:

That's great and give a safe feeling... while computer using.

After 2nd install, Hips wasn't starting undelayed.

It needed first a reboot... But maybe it wasn't a clean install... i had prob's with uninstalling before... :unsure:

I have added a pic, with marking, what i like in new gui(maybe my english isn't the best):

But background colour, look's bad for Windows 8...

Maybe you should use grey, only for Tablet's. ^_^

I am having the same issue.

• ESET Insiders

Or add on Homescreen, an pulsating Worldmap... that shows Eset live Grid connection. Some information about connection, and what latest threats that can defeat Live grid.... ^_^

Edit: I made with paint a little example.

Good idea, this is some kind of Live Grid world statistics. These statistics can be displayed in other secton not really on Home Screen.

useless norton had it long before, jsut adds bandwidth use

• ESET Insiders

maybe is toó late but I would see the Idle scanner evolve into some type of regularly scheduled "extended startup scan" and monthly "full scan", also by default auto scan USB storage in smart mode (no archives)

Edited by toxinon12345

• Administrators

The HIPS features no option to add folders ?

It's a known issue of Endpoint v6 and v9 beta. Will be fixed in the final v9.

• ESET Insiders

Or add on Homescreen, an pulsating Worldmap... that shows Eset live Grid connection. Some information about connection, and what latest threats that can defeat Live grid....  ^_^

Edit: I made with paint a little example.  

oh no ! smells of old time Norton !

Great,

i saw now, you have updated to 117. :)

I can load now default setup...

Very nice orange screen, did inform me, when i did come home, that i have to restart, for the new version. :)

Thanks, for new version. I hope Scanner is now a bit faster...

Very nice orange screen, did inform me, when i did come home, that i have to restart, for the new version. :)

Nice, but I had no balloon notification.

post-136-0-74339000-1434067687_thumb.png

Edited by Ego_Dekker

I had no notification.

attachicon.gifupdated.png

I didnt get one either, but there is an option to turn app updates off within settings "update mode".

Edited by Sonar

After the first VSD update today at boot, a notification showed up "ESET requires your attention" and clicking on it took me to the main GUI where I saw that a restart was recommended as the product had been updated. And after restarting I got build 9.0.117.0. Very smooth. :)

So does anyone have any info about what has been fixed/changed between the builds ?

post-320-0-80682600-1434112836_thumb.jpg

• ESET Insiders

tried to make clean install of ess after uninstall of AV: would not validate, saying license was expired, pls help

Edited by yeoldfart

• Administrators

One thing that I'd love is an option to always ignore (create an exception) in antivirus scan results.

Basically when you finish a scan you have the option to delete/add to quarantine, to clean if possible and also to ignore. The ignore option is just ignore once, it would be nice if you could add the file into your exceptions within the scan results rather than having to go into the exception area and add it in manually, as some people might not be sure how to do this. It would make things a lot easier/quicker.

This has always been possible but only for potentially unwanted and unsafe applications for safety reasons.

• Most Valued Members

One thing that I'd love is an option to always ignore (create an exception) in antivirus scan results.

Basically when you finish a scan you have the option to delete/add to quarantine, to clean if possible and also to ignore. The ignore option is just ignore once, it would be nice if you could add the file into your exceptions within the scan results rather than having to go into the exception area and add it in manually, as some people might not be sure how to do this. It would make things a lot easier/quicker.

This has always been possible but only for potentially unwanted and unsafe applications for safety reasons.

How do you do this? I have scanned a file Unlocker.exe which is a handy program that can unlock files being used allowing you to then remove, move, rename etc. The file gives you an option to install extra stuff so it can be classed as unwanted.

However in the results section at the end I only see clean, delete and no action. Clean deletes it and no action only ignores it for one instance.

Should I be seeing an option to add to exceptions from that scan result window? If not would you consider adding one - You could even have it to need a password to authorise it, to avoid anyone accidentally ignoring an actual virus.

post-7479-0-59960500-1434140193_thumb.jpg

Edited by peteyt

• Administrators

If a PUA is detected by real-time protection, unfold Advanced options and select "Exclude from detection" box.