Cannot connect to /tmp/esets.sock: Connection refused

Hello 

I am having a problem on the nod32 Antivirus software for mac where a notification saying Cannot connect to /tmp/sests.sock:Connect refused shows up constantly and freezes the computer momentarily. I would appreciate a fix.

sincerely 

-Brandon.

• Most Valued Members

Hello Brandon,

There was a similar topic regarding this issue in the past, but with most recent module and VSD updates for Cyber Security 6.0.14.0, as well as most recent updates for OS X Yosemite (currently 10.10.3), this issue should no longer be happening.

What version of ESET Cyber Security and OS X are you using?

Any third-party apps or major modifications since you first noticed the issue?

Does it occur randomly or does it happen often at a certain time (for example it used to happen to me when first logging into my Mac at the time)?

• 3 months later...

Hello.

I have just experienced the same problem.

I started up my mac this morning and a window popped up saying "cannot connect to /tmp/esets.sock: connection refused".

I have not updated any software or anything like that since yesterday.

Please can you advise me what to do.

I am running OSX 10.8.5

ESet version - i can only assume it is the latest one because it updates itself?

Thank you.

• Most Valued Members

Please try downloading the newest release of ECP or ECSP (version 6.1.12.0) and see if this issue continues to occur.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have had the /tmp/esets.sock  problem.  It was a pain!  Nothing would keep the notice from popping back up until I shut down and started up my Mac, which I always prefer to a Restart.  Then Eset acted normally.  

(MacBook, late 2006, Lion)  

I will update to the latest version ASAP.

• 1 month later...

I have OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) and ESET 6.0.14.0   I know I cannot upgrade my iMac beyond 10.6.8 and as a result I always get error messages from ESET telling me to upgrade my OS X or I can't install the latest version of Cyber Security for Mac.  I cannot afford to replace my iMac just now.

The warning message I get reads, exactly:

ESET Cyber Security

Cannot connect to /tmp/esets.sock: Connection refused

Suggestions?

Thank you.

Kev

• 10 months later...

I have also been having this problem off and on since I downloaded the latest version of ESET last year. I am running 10.7.5 and cannot upgrade because the software I need to run is not compatible with any later OS. If I can't find a resolution through this forum, I will uninstall ESET and never use it for my mac laptop. I haven't noticed the problem on my Mac desktop model. Once that pop up comes on screen, it freezes all other programs and I can't get rid of it unless I do a hard reboot. This is totally unacceptable. ESET fix this now.

• 3 months later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 05/10/2015 at 0:04 PM, Bevinphilly said:

The same thing happens to my Mac, too.i cannot use my Mac because of the pop up

On 17/10/2015 at 5:57 PM, Polly said:

I too have had the /tmp/esets.sock  problem.

On 03/12/2015 at 7:04 AM, KevinPL said:

The warning message I get reads, exactly: Cannot connect to /tmp/esets.sock: Connection refused. Suggestions?

On 17/10/2016 at 11:41 AM, tlklein said:

I have also been having this problem off and on since I downloaded the latest version of ESET last year.

ESET recently released version 6.4.128.0 -- if you haven't yet I would suggest trying this version and seeing how it goes.

Cyber Security: Download
Cyber Security Pro: Download

Also noting that this recent version supports versions of Mac OS from 10.6.