Multiple Licenses on one ESET RA

I manage several client's networks and they all have ESET running on their servers.  It would be nice if I can setup RA on my own hosted server and have all of my client's point to my own RA instead of the RA on their local machines.

Can I install RA on my own hosted server and enter in all of my client's license codes so RA can receive all of their connections?

Yep, that's precisely what I do. I manage four licenses totalling 190 clients, and they all connect to eset.myFQDN.co.uk on a specific port number. That points to a server in my house, where I run a VM hosting the ESET ERA v6 stack.

Very manageable, very easy to maintain and deploy stuff, and great for seeing all the clients in one place.

Absolutely. Go for it. Any questions, just ask, I've been runnign this setup for a few months and it works VERY well.

Jim

Edited by jimwillsher

To elaborate....

I have two VMs, one runs SQL 2014 the other runs the ESET stack. I have all the clients organsied into groups, one group per "network", with different policies applied to each of the groups.

I also have dynamic groups set up, so that Agent and Endpoint updates, for new releases, are installed automatically.

Jim

Jim, that is great news.  I just got ERA 6 installed and now I'm racking my brain trying to figure it out.  Totally different than v5.

• Administrators

Jim, that is great news.  I just got ERA 6 installed and now I'm racking my brain trying to figure it out.  Totally different than v5.

Yeah, it is and that's why we recommend testing it for a while in a test environment in order to get familiar with it before deploying it to all computers in a production environment. It took us all a while until we got used to the new design. On the other hand, the new version provides new possibilities that ERA v5 was not capable of due to technical limitations. The new version was built with users' requirements in mind; we are continually listening to our customers, implement reasonable features they need, fix reported issues, create new KB content and tutorial videos, etc. Should you have any question or come across an issue, report it here and either moderators or other knowledgeable users like jimwillsher or ERA developers will respond.