New beta for version 9 coming out?

Today I got an email about new beta version coming out in a few days. Anybody got something similar or is this phishing atempt?

post-3069-0-35401400-1432564220_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

It's not a phishing. Version 9 beta is indeed going to be available for public testing soon : )

• ESET Insiders

I hope you change the Beta forums, last one i didn't understand it, the old one was perfect

Exciting times  :)

If the GUI stays the same or similar, be prepared for the "ahhh the GUI looks so old and dated" comments.

I hope you change the Beta forums, last one i didn't understand it, the old one was perfect

You are posting in the Beta forum section now, what changes do you think is needed ?

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

thank you very much for your positive feedback.

The GUI is new so no need to prepare for the "for the "ahhh the GUI looks so old and dated" comments." ;-)

It is modern and light, I and most of my colleagues really like it so I hope you will like it as well.

Of course the new GUI is not the only new thing in v.9, so stay tuned!

Regards,

P.R.

Hello,

thank you very much for your positive feedback.

The GUI is new so no need to prepare for the "for the "ahhh the GUI looks so old and dated" comments." ;-)

It is modern and light, I and most of my colleagues really like it so I hope you will like it as well.

Of course the new GUI is not the only new thing in v.9, so stay tuned!

Regards,

P.R.

Hey Peter, nice seeing you again.

That's lovely, then it might be better to be prepared for the "ahhh I don't like the new GUI" comments  :D But the reality is you can't please everyone, that's impossible. And I'm sure most people will get used to it after some time, if not directly.

Sounds great Peter, we can't wait to give it a test ride.  :wub:

Edited by SweX

Sounds great Peter, we can't wait to give it a test ride.  :wub:

Same here, I'm very curious, what will come with Number 9 of ESS. :)

please oh please tell me you guys did not do the whole metro thing. your gui was fantastic hopefully you guys tried to keep it simple and clean. also please do tell me there is still a custom install and all the advanced options of before. im hoping the advanced options will remain.

I have always appreciated ESET design of install, configure and work perfectly behind the scene approach and i hope this will continue. My only wishlist is as follows with ref to consumers series :

1. Activation from within the software to provide message like those when using the ESET online activation form if the activation process fails

2. ESET SysRescue to do away with Windows AIK / AID and come up with a different and simpler approach

3. Disable Auto-run during installation and then an option to enable later if required

Edited by Sameer

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

we have a new own installer, which should be more reliable than classical .msi.

P.R.

Is there a way to use configuration file with new exe? and what about context menu?

Thanks