Upgrade ERA Server Virtual Appliance 6.1.28 to version 6.1.33

Go to solution Solved by terrum,

Please provide a step-by-step guide on how to upgrade ERA Server Virtual Appliance 6.1.28 to version 6.1.33.

Thanks!

Same guide is for appliance (hxxp://help.eset.com/test/era/6/en-US/index.html?component_upgrade.htm). Version 6.1.33 is same as 6.1.28 except new installers.

Thanks. The guide didn't make me 100% confident that this Components Upgrade task and all the steps as described is the right method to get your ERA Server VA self-upgraded to the new version. I will give it a try tonight.

The guide says that ERA Rogue Detection Sensor must be upgraded manually, so when I upgrade my ERA Server VA to the new build, what do I do next to upgrade the Rogue Detection Sensor component?

Anton

• Solution

I configured Components Upgrade task as described in this guide: hxxp://help.eset.com/test/era/6/en-US/index.html?component_upgrade.htm, selected my ERA VA host as the only target and start time - ASAP. The task started shortly and in a few minutes I got my ERA VA successfully upgraded to 6.1.33.

As the guide says, Rogue Detection Sensor must be upgraded manually, ERA Linux upgrade instructions will give you a hint on how to do it: hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3670

Here is a quick recap to save your time:

Download the RDSensor-Linux-x86_64.sh latest build (as of now it's 1.0.762) from here: hxxp://www.eset.com/us/download/business/detail/family/258/, save it to ERA VA in /root/eset_installers folder, set permissions to 755 and update the RDSensor.sh symbolic link to point to the new installer file (if you skip this, then the command below will just re-install the existing version 1.0.728).

Now run this command: "sudo ./RDSensor.sh --skip-license"

Done!

Edited by terrum