Excluded file policies

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Few questions about selecting "Paths to be excluded from scanning" that I can't find an answer to. The most information I've found so far is here: hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3642

But:

1. Can I use environment variables in the path? E.g. %SystemRoot%.  This Microsoft article specifies recommended exclusion paths with environment variables: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/822158
  2. If I define multiple policies with different exclusion paths, will they combine to form a "master" exclusion list or will one overwrite the others?
  3. If I specify a folder path without a wildcard, what happens?

Thanks for your help!

• Administrators
  • Solution

1, Yes, system variables should work unlike user variables that cannot be resolved by processes running in the system account.

2, It depends which policy is set to force this setting. Exclusions cannot be combined.

3, *.* should be assumed so any file or folder in that subfolder will be excluded as well.

Hello,

Just one more question.... Are paths recursive? E.g. if I exclude "C:\My_Folder" is "C:\My_Folder\Folder2" also excluded?

Thanks again.

• Administrators

Just one more question.... Are paths recursive? E.g. if I exclude "C:\My_Folder" is "C:\My_Folder\Folder2" also excluded?

Yes, files in the excluded folder and all subfolders will be excluded.