Software Install Task - 32-bit or 64-bit

kit

When choosing a package to install, I always see a duplicate version of ESET. The only difference I can see is that one references the 32-bit changelog and EULA and the other references the 64-bit. Does ESET Remote Administrator automatically choose the 64-bit or 32-bit installer when running a software install task? If I want the the 64-bit version, should I choose the package that references the 64-bit EULA and changelog or does this not matter?

post-6314-0-26248400-1432062351_thumb.png

• ESET Staff

Agent will automatically select between 32-bit and 64-bit version. HTTP link to EULA is not important. I just created similar filter for repository as yours and that doubled records are no longer shown.

Agent will automatically select between 32-bit and 64-bit version. HTTP link to EULA is not important. I just created similar filter for repository as yours and that doubled records are no longer shown.

If you want to deploy the Agent - yes, it will select the correct version for you, but if you want to deploy the EEA on your clients - it will not.

Example:

In ERA create a client task to deploy EEA and select a 64-bit package (only one package can be selected). Assign the task to a group of workstations running a mix of 64-bit and 32-bit Windows clients - EEA will fail to install on any 32-bit Windows clients. And if you selected a 32-bit EEA package, then EEA will fail to install on any 64-bit Windows clients.

It's surprising that ESET doesn't offer a universal package with both 32 and 64 bit EEA "combined". Having that option would be very helpful in mixed 64-bit and 32-bit environments.

• Administrators

If you install from ESET's repository, you don't have to care about that; the appropriate installer will be downloaded automatically. If you want to point the install task to use msi installers in your network, you can create 2 dynamic groups, with expressions "OS edition.OS Platform"="32-bit" and "OS edition.OS Platform"="64-bit" and then push separate install tasks to them, each pointing to the appropriate msi.