ESET File Security for Server 2012 R2?

The product listing for ESET File Security for Windows Server indicates compatibility for the following operating systems:

Required Operating Systems for Windows Server Version:
Microsoft Windows Server 2000, 2003 (32 & 64 bit), 2008 (32 & 64 bit), 2008 R2, 2012

Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2011

Can I get a confirmation on whether or not ESET File Security for Windows Server will work on Server 2012 R2?

Thanks!

Hi

AFAIK formal release date of this system is currently not confirmed, but will be in 2013 :) so i believe that ESET will work on this system as it's in case of every new OS after it official relase

I guess I was hoping that Microsoft might make these sorts of things available to certain vendors (like AV vendors) in some form of a Dev Kit prior to their official release.  Either way though, I'm sure ESET will be on top of it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello,

It is not unreasonable to assume that Microsoft provides anti-malware vendors with pre-release versions of its products to work out interoperability issues prior to general availability.

The rule-of-thumb, or, ahem, heuristic, that I like to use is that ESET will have a solution for any new Windows Client or Server OS about the same time that operating system becomes available in the retail channel (e.g., you can buy a copy of it off of a shelf or order a computer with it pre-installed).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

We had a lab for testing our current software on 2012 r2. File security works fine with the built in definitions on the 2012 r2 preview however as soon as the latest definitions are applied it fails with a Memory_Management BSOD relating to ntfs.sys.

Edited by RaymondT