can i use regular eset lic for android?

zfactor

what i mean is say i have a brand new unopened 3pc ess retail. can i use those 3 for 3 android devices instead of pc's? i have a few clients asking me about eset on android that have a 3 pc lic but are only using 1 or 2 of those currently.

thank you for any info.

If the license is a ESS license like you have then you can't use it for Android. Mobile devices and desktop are two different parts, but "inside" of these parts you can switch the ESET product like you want because of the unilicense system.

Just keep in mind that EMS for Android is also much cheaper than ESS or NOD32 licenses.

You can only switch completely freely (also between mobile and desktop devices) if you're using a multi-device license.

However in your case I would contact your local support and ask them if they maybe can change your license or do something like this.

You mean an activation code instead of a username/password license?

That's indeed something different however in this case it's the same as I explained before - if you have a PC/desktop license then you can't use them for EMS for Android.

But of course there are also boxed versions (where this kind of activation code is usually included) of ESET multi-device security.