ESET Software Broken & Unrepairable

Hi,

So at this point I'm very frustrated. ESET is at a point of not working after no matter how many restarts of the PC or how many reinstall tries. I'm so frustrated I dont even want to explain why such a ridiculous thing that is happening so I will type in steps:

1. After a few days on, the PC gets restarted

2. Try to run GTA5 on PC. No dice

3. Notice ESET is OFF

4. Restart PC again

5. ESET responds but cannot scan, cannot reenter activation, cannot do a single thing

6. Redownload ESET. No dice. Says something "cool" like cannot run, please restart and download again.

7. Step 6 done. Nothing changes.

8. Try to manually uninstall ESET. No uninstall icon in the folder & uninstall icon in startup has no function.

9. Restart PC

10. Redownload ESET and try again. FAILED. Same cool story.

11. Scour the internet for solutions. Nothing helpful.

NO software removal tool made can find ESET installed.

No possible way to remove, no possible way to repair, no way to reinstall.

Do I seriously have to reformat JUST to get ESET to protect my PC again?

Thanks for reading. Hope there is an actual person that can help and not tell me to uninstall and redownload. Oh and to not forget to restart my PC of course.

First of all, sorry to hear about your bad luck rALLll. I am currently having this same issue on a family members computer. The issue started with some sort of message that "smart security is not compatible with this version of windows". Then a message from windows came up making the user aware that "windows has detected that you don't have any virus protection". Just like that, ESET Smart Security is no more. Once restarted the computer responds just as you have described, all attempts to uninstall ESET are missing and all attempts to activate it are failed. It doesn't appear in any uninstall list, it doesn't appear in the process list in the task manager, and the button to activate it is not working. This is despite the fact that it was until just the other day it had been activated prior and working normally until this whole business started. Now while I am frantically searching around to try to find a solution to get it working again I see a ESET icon down in the taskbar area. When clicked it even opens what looks like ESET but it doesn't respond like ESET. It feels like one of those fake virus scanners that gets on your computer and you try like hell to get it off to no avail. I think there is a malware that is taking over ESET installations. This needs to be looked into immediately. I really Hope someone can help us out on this.

A thought here to point in a source direction. Check your Event log and see if there have been any recent program module updates.

post-6784-0-02150300-1431200178_thumb.png