Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjules

Whenever I install the agent manually the machine will not communicate with the ERA server

Hey,

I recently upgraded to ERA 6. I tried pushing the Agent and then the EAV but some machines were successful while others were not. So I decided to do it manually. However when I install the Agent manually on the machine (by manually I mean download the Agent from ESET and installed it by double-clicking on the msi file) and go through the steps everything goes fine. Everything is green in the status log but when I go on the web console and look for the machine the machine comes up as unmanaged. There is no communication between the machine and the server even though I have added the policy to check the server every 5 minutes and I also changed the "127.0.0.1" in the policy to the FQDN of the server

Does anyone know what is wrong. It seems communication is registered in the web console only if I push the agent from the server.

Brad

did you try with the scrips generated from your ERAS server? It is a bat file then you can run manually in the pc clients.

Hope this can help.

Saludos

Thanks Juan,

I will try it that way and let you know how it goes.

That didn't work. My client machine still cannot talk to my server even using the LIVEInstaller

When you installed agent manually, did you select "Offline installation" instead of "Server-assisted installation" and imported the agent certificate previously exported from the console -> Admin -> Certificates -> Peer certificate?

Hi Brad.

Could you post the information of the following files: status & trace (from a PC Client with the issue)

C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs

Also maybe you have already tried, if not, turn off the firewall in both sides, PC & ERAS server.

regards.