NOD 8.x and WinPE 3 x64

btm
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

It's been a while since I created new discs to boot from but I was surprised to find that the current version of NOD only allows the creation of x86 WinPE's! I've been consolidating a few different solutions (not just AV) into onto one PE and when I got to NOD (over 6 hours in) I was surprised to see that only the x86 version was supported (from a Windows 7 x64 Installation)!

Live and learn I guess but I was rather disappointed to see this and can't figure out WHY this is the case considering x64 is the default these days and has been for years. Keeping x86 as an option for WinPE is fine, but requiring it is just silly and now I have to choose between NOD (restarting with an x86 PE) and wasting 6+ hours of work combining all of the others. I have to admit NOD is on the loosing side of that choice thus far. =(

• Administrators
  • Solution

WinPE SysRescue is no longer being developed and will be replaced by ESET SysRescue Live built on Linux. Can't tell why only x86 WinPE was supported, it was probably due to the fact that ekrn is a 32-bit application.

Thanks for the info, I messed with it anyhow and while NOD would only create a x86 disc I was able to migrate it over to the x64 disc manually and after some tweaking of the registry paths it's working. The linux live discs aren't usually large when compared to the winpe's so I look forward to that change!