(Probably BUG) Update scheduling problem

Hi everybody.

I've a problem with updating NOD32 Antivirus with schedule after night.

1. Error "Server not found".

post-7123-0-75707100-1429770794_thumb.png

I know that this can be because of delay of WLAN connection to Internet. So this generally not a big problem and not main question of this thread.

2. Another question - why schedule is executing exactly after I turn on the computer in the morning with these settings?

post-7123-0-17212500-1429770813_thumb.png

If it didnt run at night it should NOT run exactly after I turning on the computer but on next schedule time!!!

post-7123-0-17212500-1429770813_thumb.png

Please explain this!

Thanks))

post-7123-0-50287700-1429771547_thumb.png

• ESET Insiders

@siltdotstrider

(1)

Source of this error is problem with Internet connection during virus signature database update (VDBL).

To solve it follow this advice: hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN537

(2)

For your protection scheduled update of VDBL is set to start as soon as possible when you start computer, and please don't mess with this

According to good data, every day we have more then 300000 (yeah, that's three hundred thousand, you read it correct) NEW nasty malware samples spreading around, so your update VDBL from yesterday is not enough to protect you today...

Edited by Podrska2NORT

1. Will try it, thanks for advice.

2. So why Update schedule task has been set to Wait until the next schedule time but not to Run the task as soon as possible by default?

Thanks for answer

Edited by siltdotstrider

@siltdotstrider

(1)

Source of this error is problem with Internet connection during virus signature database update (VDBL).

To solve it follow this advice: hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN537

(2)

For your protection scheduled update of VDBL is set to start as soon as possible when you start computer, and please don't mess with this

According to good data, every day we have more then 300000 (yeah, that's three hundred thousand, you read it correct) NEW nasty malware samples spreading around, so your update VDBL from yesterday is not enough to protect you today...

1. I've done everything written in article but it didnt help.

My wifi connecting time is about 4-5 seconds after log in. I think it causes the problem. But I dont understand , why Updater is trying to update only one time??? No retries at all. A little bit stupid.

@siltdotstrider

(1)

(2)

But I dont understand , why Updater is trying to update only one time??? No retries at all. A little bit stupid.

It will check for updates after 60 min again. When this happens just click the update button manually to perform the update once your connection is established.