Endpoint Antivirus 6.0 Stopping Legit Software - How to Fix?

mprenter

Hi, we just upgraded to Endpoint Antivirus 6.0 (from 5.0) and it now seems to be blocking a particular software program we use.  I work for a mapping company and the particular program is some flight planning software called TopoFlight.  I can run TopoFlight, but as soon as I try to load a project file, the software seems to lock up and Windows says the program is "Not Responding".  If I disable Endpoint Antivirus 6.0 the program works normally and loads projects normally.  So Endpoint Antivirus 6.0 must be doing something to block it or lock it up.

My question is: what do I need to do to allow this software to run?

Thanks,

Mark Prenter

• Administrators

First of all, please narrow it down to the protection module that needs to be disabled for the issue not to occur. Instead of disabling protection, try disabling real-time protection and web protection, one at a time.

Hello, thanks for the reply.  Disabling real-time protection allows the software to run.  Further narrowing it down: leaving real-time protection on but disabling "Media to Scan - Network Drives" also allows the software to run.  The project file is on a networked drive so I guess by disabling the scanning of network drives, that also worked.

Is there a way to narrow it down even further or create some sort of exception for the software?

Thanks...

• Administrators

Just for a test, try temporarily disabling real-time protection on the server and enable scanning network drives on the client. Does the problem persist?

By disabling real-time protection on the file server and enabling the scanning of network drives on the client, the problem also goes away.  So by that, I guess it's the scanning that is occurring on the file server that is causing the issue?  Not the client computer?