Remote installation using direct package URL (locally stored) does not include license

I have my ERA 6 server configured with client tasks to deploy a locally stored client package, and to include our license file in the installation. However, when the client product is installed, it shows up as unlicensed until I re-run a client activate product task against that remote installation.

The attached screenshot shows the settings for one of my client tasks

post-7093-0-03512600-1429631899_thumb.png

I am led to believe that having the settings as shown above should cause the product to license *without* running an Activate Product task. If so, how do I make this work?

Also; if installing Endpoint Security remotely; I have to then disable to firewall on the unlicensed client before the Activate Product client task will actually activate the product.

• Administrators

I, for one, don't see anything wrong with it provided that running an activation task manually works. I'd better leave this for our ERA engineers to comment on.

I, for one, don't see anything wrong with it provided that running an activation task manually works. I'd better leave this for our ERA engineers to comment on.

Apart from:

1) Isn't specifying the license file in the install client task (as above) meant to license the product on installation? If so, this feature clearly isn't working!

2) Running an activation task manually only licenses the product *IF* the firewall has been temporarily disabled on that client (meaning manual intervention on each client). The only way around this I can see is to try to create *another* dynamic group and somehow try to get the server to put the client in a different group (and thus have a different policy) until activated.