(Probably BUG) Adding to exclusions via checkbox

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello everybody,

I'm not sure, but I think it is a bug.

NOD32 version:

post-7123-0-32909400-1429380475_thumb.png

Description:

Exclude from scan is not working when using this method.

post-7123-0-25205700-1429380804_thumb.png

Selecting this checkbox does not add file to Exclusion list and Antivirus of course show warning again after try to access the file. Exclusions list is blank.

If I manually add file to Exclusions its working, antivirus shows no warnings anymore. But I would like to use checkbox to automatically add file to exclusions!

Thanks!

Sorry for my english.

• Administrators
  • Solution

If you are logged in a standard user account and have UAC enabled, the problem could be that you are not prompted to elevate rights. Try disabling "Require full administrator rights for limited administrator accounts" option in the advanced setup -> User interface -> Access setup.

Thats what I call professional answer :)

Its worked!

If you are logged in a standard user account and have UAC enabled, the problem could be that you are not prompted to elevate rights. Try disabling "Require full administrator rights for limited administrator accounts" option in the advanced setup -> User interface -> Access setup.

I've Administrator account with UAC enabled. But unchecking "Require full administrator rights for limited administrator accounts" solved the problem.

@Marcos

I could reproduce the issue and also the solution.

However this can't be the permanent solution as this checkbox should work without modifying the settings. Especially not such a important one which practically disables the UAC for ESET completely (so you can e.g. now deactivate any modules without any UAC prompt).

Instead of this ESS or NOD32 should just trigger UAC if you try to exclude the file this way.

• Administrators

However this can't be the permanent solution as this checkbox should work without modifying the settings. Especially not such a important one which practically disables the UAC for ESET completely (so you can e.g. now deactivate any modules without any UAC prompt).

Instead of this ESS or NOD32 should just trigger UAC if you try to exclude the file this way.

I didn't state anything like that we're not going to address it in future versions : )