How to force... 8.0.312 online update?

- Yesterday on cold startup (desktop) I got the Do you want to update pop-up, and I said yes as I had recently done a Macrium sys Image backup. Download only took a few seconds, and reboot...

- When I started my laptop I clicked Ask Me later, as I hadn't done a sys backup for quite some time. I did my backup, but on todays cold startup no pop-up?

I tried check for Product updates, but it said I was current with .304...

How do I get it to ask me again, as online update was Much quicker than a Big download?

• Administrators

Currently 8.0.312 is not available as a program component update but you can download it from ESET's website and install it over an older version. The PCU to the very latest version will be resumed soon.

What was the reason to stop pushing out the PCU ?

I guess that explains why some others say that the internal updater doesn't pick up the new build when they check manually.

I would also like to know why the PCU to 8.0.312.0 was pulled. It asked to be installed on april 16th (which I did), but I messed up my system yesterday really bad and had to revert back to an older state. Now it says 8.0.304.0 is up to date, as scottls59901 pointed out. So, why was it pulled?

• Administrators

It was due to the recent release of HIPS module. We must first wait until it's downloaded by as many users as possible and just then will resume the PCU.

@Marcos, I see, thanks. Always go to know the reason.

@dergilb, You can download .312 manually from the website if you want and install over-the-top and it will do the same as if you would wait until the PCU is pushed out again.

@SweX: Thank you, I know. I just wanted to know why the PCU was pulled.

It was due to the recent release of HIPS module. We must first wait until it's downloaded by as many users as possible and just then will resume the PCU.

I am sorry, but I still don't get it. Where's the difference between updating via PCU and manual update?

• Administrators

I am sorry, but I still don't get it. Where's the difference between updating via PCU and manual update?

The difference is that in the case of PCU both module and program updates are performed immediately after each other. By contrast, when running a manual update modules should normally be already updated to the latest version.