Installed client products do not license

I can easily push out client AV products to my servers and desktops from ERA 6; but getting them to license is a nightmare - it is as though the Activate License client task never executes...

In fact, it does execute; when the Remote Agent is installed, at which point it finds nothing to activate. ERA then deploys the AV product (File Security; Endpoint AV & Endpoint Security are the ones we're using), but then the Activate License task never runs again; not even if you edit it and ask it to run on a schedule.

... or, if it does run; it never finds the products to activate. (despite setting it's target as "All")

What am I doing wrong?

• Administrators

Could you please check the agent trace log on the clients for more information? Anyways, I'd suggest creating a task for the "Not activated security product" dynamic group and assigning it trigger "Joined dynamic group trigger" so that the task is performed automatically when a computer joins this dynamic group.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

The solution would be to add the license directly to the SW install task.

Or you can create dynamic group for non-activated products and execute the activation above this dynamic group.

P.R.

Hello,

The solution would be to add the license directly to the SW install task.

Or you can create dynamic group for non-activated products and execute the activation above this dynamic group.

P.R.

How would I go about adding the license to the SW install task?

Edit:

Oh, you mean by selecting the correct license under Client Tasks > Software Install > Install product > Settings > Select License?

Yep, that's already ticked and selected - the license DOES NOT get added from this setting.

(I'm using a locally stored copy of the client application (Install by direct package url is ticked)

Edited by stuclark

• 7 months later...

Did you get this issue solved?

I am having this issue on some (not all) clients. I only can see that the activation failed but Eset isn't telling me why it failed. There are also no logs at the client or server where I can look in like it is descriped on the KnowledgeBase. I can find logs only on the ones where the client is activated.