False positive reports not being acknowledged or actioned

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi,

Apologies if this is going into the wrong place - my client uses Eset Endpoint Antivirus, so I presumed this is where it should go.

About 18 months ago my domain management account was hacked and a number of malicious DNS redirects were put in place.  It was identified and fixed within the day, and we all got back to work.  None of the web sites themselves were affected, but I put into place a weekly maldet scan on my server as a precaution, which has come up clean ever since.

My problem is that Eset is still blocking sites on my Webfusion VPS, most recently at a client (I don't use it myself).  I've followed the instructions at hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN141and reported the domains, the IP address and the background information, but the email wasn't acknowledged and nor was the follow up I sent a week later.  The problem doesn't appear to have been resolved by Eset, the server is clean, the domains have no malicious DNS redirects in place, the web hosting company has a relatively good reputation and I'm scratching my head.

So what can I do?  It's getting a little frustrating when I think I'm doing the right thing.  Any suggestions welcome.  I'm happy to list the domains and IP addresses here if it's relevant...

Many thanks in advance.

Trent

post-7086-0-31095500-1429181849_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...