AV-Comparatives - False-Alarm-Test March 2015

SweX

• ESET Insiders

Not surprised to see Eset getting the equal lowest score at 1 athough I'm sure Eset think it's one too many ;)

FWIW, I want to mention that it's also worth to read through the PDF as it includes details about the false alarms.

For example, one can read that the one FP ESET had was on "XPwinexit package." supposed prevalence not that high.

And after ESET all the other vendors follows.....

To name a few "fun" FPs....

All products that use the Bitdefender engine (including BD obviously) had a FP on "Google package".

Vipre had a FP on "ESET package" and "Avira package"....And Avast had a FP on "Symantec package".

By just looking at the detection names one can clearly see that some vendors should fine tune their cloud back-end a bit, and some more than others.

Edited by SweX

• ESET Insiders

I read through most of the pdf as the raw numbers don't say too much. I posted the score just for those who can't be bothered to click on the links.

I read through most of the pdf as the raw numbers don't say too much. I posted the score just for those who can't be bothered to click on the links.

Yeah I know, sorry if it seemed that the post was directed at you, that wasn't my intention. 

We could also say that my post was for some of those that..."can't be bothered to click on the links."  :)

Edited by SweX