Computer Status in ERA6 Console

Is there a way to adjust the status warning that show in the Remote Administrator Console? I have some devices with error statuses and when I click on details it is telling me that Windows Firewall is not enabled. I have some servers with errors  Detection of Potentially unwanted applications is not configured. I checked the policies to verify that these messages are not displayed under the User Interface - Application statuses, but they still who in the consoles. Any info is appreciated.

• Administrators

1, To disable warnings about Windows firewall, create or edit existing agent policy for all computers or specific groups and scroll down to advanced settings section. There are 3 options called "Report if oper. system is not up-to-date", "Report network firewall issues" and "Report virus and spyware protection issues". You can disable whichever warnings you don't want to receive.

2, Detection of potentially unwanted applications is optional and requires users' (administrator's) consent. To do so, edit the policy that is applied on clients. In the ANTIVIRUS section, expand BASIC in the righ-hand pane. There are 3 scanner options allowing you to enable or disable detection of potentially unwanted (PUA), unsafe and suspicious applications. Make sure the setting for potentially unwanted applications is applied (this should be indicated by "Apply" to the left of the setting) and then you can choose either to enable or disable the detection. For more information about PUAs, please refer to this KB article: hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2629

• Administrators

I do not see advanced settings when I edit the client policy.

Make sure to select a policy for "ESET Remote Administrator Agent" in the drop-down menu, not "ESET Security Product for Windows" or another one.

post-10-0-46624300-1429131623_thumb.png

post-10-0-88333500-1429131754_thumb.png

I see now. I did not have a Remote Agent Policy, just a security policy. I will work on that now. Still getting used to the new ERA6. Thanks for the assistance.

• Administrators

I see now. I did not have a Remote Agent Policy, just a security policy. I will work on that now. Still getting used to the new ERA6. Thanks for the assistance.

It took us all some time to get used to the new design and interface as it's completely different that what we were used to with previous versions of ERA. It's quite robust now and offers possibilities that were not available before (e.g. agents themselves can disconnect computers from network automatically if an active threat has been found, run a full disk scan and connect the computer to network only after the threat has been successfully eliminated).

• Administrators

By default, agents connect to ERAS in 20-minute intervals. This interval can be adjusted in an agent policy, ie. for testing purposes you can set it to 1 minute. Note that you will not see a result of a task immediately in ERAS but it will be sent the next time agent connects to it.