web protection

Pod

I have the same problem with web protection. many pages can't open, NOD32 wants to connect to port 8080, so it means that the protection is "checked", but it's unchecked in the interface.

The only way to surf on the web is to unchek NOD32   :blink:

• Administrators

ESET itself does not connect to port 8080. What operating system do you use? What's the exact location of the box where web protection is checked and unchecked as you said?

It is XP-SP3. (and v8.0.312.3)

I don't know if it is a coincidence or not, but since I've installed NOD32 antivirus trial version (yesterday), it is very difficult to surf on th web. Today is the same as yesterday, many web-pages can't open entirely: "waiting for..."

I see that even with NOD32 unchecked (red triangle).

Port 8080: for example on this page:hxxp://www.lequipe.fr/Handball/ "ekrn.exe wants to connect to (...) port 8080"

I tried something: uncheked rules for port 80 and 443 in firewall Kerio for ekrn.exe, and trying so surf on the web. -> ekrn.exe wants to connect to port 80 exactely when I click on a http link.

Maybe unchecking web protection neither e-mail protection doesn't work in trial version?

"What's the exact location of the box where web protection is checked and unchecked as you said?"

It's a frech version, so I'm not sure to write the good word: I open "config", I see "realtime protection, etc., "web protection", "e-mail protection", "anti-phishing protection". The last three are unchecked, but I wonder if this settings are working

I just tried something else: uninstall NOD32. Now I can surf on the web quickly like before, all pages are loaded normaly.

Someone on another forum said: "install v6, not v8".

Is it a good idea?

• Administrators

You seem to use a 3rd party firewall and maybe even other software utilizing drivers that might clash with ESET's tdi driver. I'd start off with uninstalling Kerio for a while to see if it makes a difference. Also you could contact Customer care who would analyze the software and drivers you have installed to find out if there are some that might possibly cause issues.

I tried something: uncheked rules for port 80 and 443 in firewall Kerio for ekrn.exe, and trying so surf on the web. -> ekrn.exe wants to connect to port 80 exactely when I click on a http link.

As I wrote, this is ok as all http, pop3 and imap communication is routed through ekrn on Windows XP.

Maybe unchecking web protection neither e-mail protection doesn't work in trial version?

Trial versions of home products are fully functional and disabling protection features should work fine. Of course, it's not recommended to do so.

Is it a good idea?

Can I try that? What do you think of it?

Is it a good idea?

Can I try that? What do you think of it?

You can try yes. But I don't think it's a good idea, I rather see you getting your issue solved so you can stay with V8.